Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partners - No Performance Data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've completed all of the requirements for qualifying for Google Partner Status. I created and affiliated my company page with my MCC account a couple months ago, also when I received certification for Analytics, as well as Search, Mobile and Display Advertising for AdWords. 

We've been active for the minimum 60 days, spending $62K on Search and $30K on mobile, completing both of those requirements. 

However, the "Company Performance" and the performance sections of "Company Specializations" are completely blank.  

I'm fairly sure that this is a glitch, as our company performance far exceeded the required minimums before the UI change about a month ago.  

Any help would be appreciated!

http://i.imgur.com/5UGwB3P.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Partners - No Performance Data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi @Tigh L

Just to double check you have completed all the requirements of the Google Partners program visit here: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965

If you followed all the steps in the above link and you still don't see the badge I would reach out directly to Google Partners support at 1-866-246-6453.

Have a great day!
Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Mike Blackmore. I believe I've filled out all of the required steps, and have a support case out with a google rep.
Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I hope you get resolution, I have seen it take up to 5 days to update in the Partners portal in the past for newly badged agencies.
Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Tigh L,

The new requirement is that a Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center) is in use for 12 months so that account performance can be best understood. I do believe that until your Manager Account reaches that anniversary: performance will not populate, GP badge will not be assigned, and access to program assets will remain restricted.

Note

We've recently changed the way we evaluate companies in the Google Partners program. Company Performance has replaced Best Practices as one of the criteria for earning Partner status. In the Partners portal, the "Best Practices" section is now called "Company Performance." When assessing a company's overall performance, Partners now requires at least 12 months of AdWords manager account spend activity. 

However, you are still a certified individual, have a very active agency, and are a "member" of Google Partners. 

Please let us know what you discover and how things go. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,
Why is 60 days activity required, while performance is now suddenly assessed yearly (this doesn't make sense)? Was a performance duration change ever announced publicly?

This is quite frustrating to find out about only after I've completed all of the requirements listed in "Qualifying for Google Partner status," (https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965), and then only after I've contacted Google Customer support.
Best,
Tigh

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Tigh L,

I understand your frustration and the only things I can add is that 1) It does state it in the link you provided and 2) Google is never one to rest on anything, ever. Since a badged Google Partner is assessed constantly, it is something that we sorta get use to with being badged. It is not something we make as in crossing a finish line... but something we accomplish and then have to stay in evolution to maintain.

If you click on your link (in your reply) and then go down to the blue words "company performance" and click on it to expand it... you can see that they are quite clear on this. 

I have recently created this conversation here on the Google Partner community that covers the steps to become badged.  

Again, I do understand your frustration and am sorry for it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed this today. This behavior is very close to, if not considered fraud in most European countries. At least a violation of commercial legislation in regards of marketing. I mean, you have companies putting extra effort into making the ads generate enough money in order to qualify, then, all of a sudden, Google changes the terms. What happens if Google changes it again, one day before a company is about to pass the 12-month line? You can go on forever like this.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Alexander H,

I do understand what you are saying and can relate to your feelings, too. 

In actuality, the AdWords system is one segment, which is not affected by this... and the badged Google Partners is another segment, which is affected, but is a voluntary program that is not open to all. It's like a private golf club that has one set of hours when someone signs up for membership and then changes them half way into the membership agreement... which is their right and could only bring about cancelling of the membership, but nothing more. 

In that regard, I could be here today and gone tomorrow and I accept this possibility with every passing day. It could be that Google Partners changes something that I have control over... or it could be that I change something that Google Partners has no control over.

All the Best,

James 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue, except I already had partner status. I've been a partner for about 4 months. Then, suddenly a few minutes ago I receive an email telling me I am at risk of losing partner status due to performance.

I can only surmise this 12 month criteria is the issue because I was nearly full green last time I looked at it (when I renewed certification a few weeks ago)

I can understand new people trying to get status and having to meet the new criteria, but I feel like I should be grandfathered in considering I was a partner before the change.