Partners
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partner Support Sudden Disappearance

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We've maintained Google Partner Status for 5+ years, and work closely with our Google Partner optimization & agency development team on account optimizations, client needs, agency growth, and on going sales initiatives. We were gaining some great momentum when suddenly in 2017 our development manager said we were being transferred to someone else.

This is not unusual, and she assured me the new development manager had been briefed on all of our accounts and current activities to ensure a smooth transition, and that our optimization expert was still accessible. The next day when I emailed our optimization expert, he said he had been suddenly reassigned and didn't have any other information for us.

It's been nearly 3 weeks and we haven't been contacted by anyone. Despite reaching out to every person we've worked with in Google Partner Support in the last year, the only response we've received is to call the 1-866-2GOOGLE number if we need help?

Let's be honest, the help you receive at that number are from support staff who are almost as new to Adwords as the people calling in for help. They do not assist with agency development, and lack the experience to help with advanced campaign needs.

I'm really disappointed that, without notice, our Google Partner Support went from being such an important part of our digital marketing team to literally non-existent.

If anyone has any insights I'd really appreciate it.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

This happened to us a couple of years ago. We liked our team and I thought we were working well with them.  Then suddenly we were transferred and were not able to make contact with anyone who knew who our new team would be.  I think this support vacuum persisted for a couple of months before we were contacted again by a new support team.  It's been smooth sailing since.  It seems that things often move slowly at Adwords HQ.  It's not much consolation if you really need the immediate support, but if your situation is like ours, your new support team will be contacting you shortly.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

While this doesn't help our immediate situation, it's nice to hear it's not just us. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's been nearly 3 months and still have received no contact from Google Partner Support. It doesn't feel very good to be dropped by Google Partners with no notice or reasoning - and has thrown a wrench in the sales development plan we were working closely with them on. If anyone else has experienced this, or knows how to request connecting with a new team, I'd really appreciate it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chris, the exact same thing has happened to us and like you over 3 months has passed. We have been reaching out to all account managers and points of contact that we have had over the years we have maintained our partner status. Would love to get this sorted asap so any advice from anyone that has resolved a situation like this, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's been over 5 months and still nothing. Still have a hard time understanding how they can just pull the rug from under us, with no notice, after all of the initiatives we were working together on.

Re: Google Partner Support Sudden Disappearance

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi,

I cannot offer too much other than to say that your voice matters and that we appreciate every member of Google Partners.

Having a dedicated support team is very rare and only assigned in very specific situations. I cannot speak as to why one agency gets assigned one over another. Not having one does not mean you are not valued. You still have all the other resources offered to all Google Partners. 

I would suggest that each person use this interactive web form to truly make your voice heard to the AdWords team. Send in your feedback about AdWords Customer Service, namely.

Until something more changes, you can utilize all of the following resources for your sales presentations:

Please note that I know none of this replaces your previous dedicated Google Partners rep... and I am not trying to do that. I am merely providing some additional resources, which you may or may not already know about. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same thing happened with our agency...it came as a shock. We were told there is no longer assistance for partner agencies. We emailed with a client issue and we didn't receive an email back. We called up the 1-800 to find resolution in an existing campaign and received less than satisfactory assistance. We received different answers from different google agents, no response to emails at times, conflicting feedback on ad approvals...the experience has been dismal to say the least. We've been partners for more than 4 years and it's sad to see this happening. Hopefully they will realize the value from good dedicated google partners and reinvest in dedicated support.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are experiencing the same frustrations as you.