AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4K members online now
4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partner Search Rankings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you do a search for a Google partner and click on advertising it shows a list of all partners in the US. What influences the results on that page?  How do I get my agency to rank higher?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This is a question I've always had too! I'm looking forward to hearing from someone who has insight into this!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian R and @Nick C,

I do not believe there is anything we, as agencies, can do to optimize this. As long as you have all items filled in and options checked off in your GP profile, and have your logo and wording as perfect as possible... you have done what you can do that Google can present you correctly. 

Further, instead of just searching the United States, change it to your city and state. You will see those in your city instead of all of the US. 

Hope this helps,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

From what I understand they randomly rotate the agencies vs a ranking system.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

coming from a different country my partner ranking is high mainly because there are too few of us but i honestly think it lies with google who says who will be number one or two. how much business have you guys got through the partnership page site?

regards,

Zaby

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

There is a ranking Algorithm.

Factors include:

Unfortunately, the old Google Maps algorithm of distance from the center of the city search.

More importantly:

Number of people with certs

Number of segments ( video, display, mobile, search etc) that the agency is qualified in based on the spend and performance variables.

MCC Spend

Also weight if given if the agency is a Preferred Partner Status.

And other factors

Like any search Algorithm, those factors and variables are periodically changed ( ie the weight given to each factor)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone-

Thank you for the input. I am still wondering because I had a conversation with Google and they told me to submit the question on here for several reasons.  The Google representative and I viewed both nationally and locally listings. Same clients showed up on both searches.  He informed me that on both pages that some of the businesses listed should not be on the first page. Our organization has 10X the amount of certified individuals than the other organizations on the first page and their spend was not near ours.  We are an approved Preferred Partner.  The Google representative even informed me that one of the companies should not be listed on this page. He said I really need to find out from the partner department.  I hope someone from Google will answer this question.  

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian R,

You are very welcome... and I think the best answer is what @Eric Gehler provided. You can take what he stated to the bank and consider it gold.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hey @Brian R,

Looks like the crew stepped up here, Like J Clemens stated Eric G points to what seem to be some main factors. I just wanted to point out when you are in partners search and hover over the little circled i, you will see the note below. An agency’s position in Google Partner Search is determined by several factors, including its best practice score and the types of accounts it manages.

You might also think about calling in and asking for Partners Support 866-246-6453, then ask if a manager could call you back and address your issue. Or even ask your rep if they can communicate with the right team to address this. 

And here is some info I found about partners search just wanted to share, not sure if everyone has seen this.

How an agency's position in Google Partner Search is determined

Your agency's position in Google Partner Search is determined by a number of factors, including the services you offer and industries that you support, the minimum and maximum monthly budget you support, your location, and your performance with similar clients. Keep in mind that we don't include your Google Partner badge status or the number of specializations your company has earned when determine how Google Partner Search results are ranked.

To improve your chances of appearing higher in the results, your agency should focus on the following factors:

• Company performance: Ensure your company is delivering strong overall and product specific AdWords revenue and maximizing your clients’ campaign performance.
  • Certifications: Ensure individuals affiliated with your company get AdWords certified.

Managing client leads and your company profile

Client leads

Here are some tips for managing the companies that contact you through Google Partner Search:

• Educate and turn companies into clients by using the pitch resources in the Insights section of your Partners account.
  • Use AdWords promotional offers to help turn companies into clients.
  • Only take on clients that you can give the time and attention they will need to succeed.

Keep in mind that if you demonstrate that you're successfully turning the companies that you receive through Google Partner Search into clients, you’ll receive more client leads over time.

Company profile

Here are some tips to help make sure your company profile includes the information we need to connect you to companies using Google Partner Search:

• Make sure you've set a minimum budget in the "Services" section of the "My company" page in your Partners account.
  • Select the "Include my company profile in Google Partner Search" checkbox in the "Profile Visibility" section of your "My company" page.

Common questions about your Google Partner Search listing

Can't find your agency on Google Partner Search

As previously mentioned, only agencies that have qualified for Partner status and earned the Partner or Premier Partner the Partner badge are eligible to appear in Google Partner Search. Check with the admin of your agency's company profile to see if your agency qualifies for Partner status. If your agency hasn't met the qualifications, it won't appear in the Google Partner Search results.

If your agency has earned Partner status but isn't listed in the Google Partner Search results, review the tips included above on managing clients leads and your company profile. Source

Just trying to help you all along here. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner