Partners
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partner API returns permission denied

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I search for a similar question but found some outdated and unanswered ones.

So basically I am just trying to play around with Google Partners API and pull some data for now using Google's API Explorer, so:

• I create a brand new project in Google Cloud Platform
  • Go To API and Enable Google Partners API the right there and then click on Try it in Google API Explorer.
  • But the problem I get the 403 error on any request I tried to make.

In the API Explorer docs https://developers.google.com/explorer-help/ it says I do not need to provide an API key since they use their own.

My understanding is that I should be able to pull the data - but for some reason no matter what I try, I still get this 403.

Note: like I mentioned I am at least trying to make it work within their API explorer.

What am I missing there?

{
 "error": {
  "code": 403,
  "message": "The caller does not have permission",
  "status": "PERMISSION_DENIED"
 }
}

Update:

This is a link to the actual question with this tag in case anyone wants to follow it Why Google APIs Explorer ( Google Partners API) returns 403 PERMISSION_DENIED?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Code I
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sorry for the delayed response, I see you have added an update. Have you tried asking this question here

How to Get Help: Google engineers monitor and answer questions about the Google API Explorer on Stack Overflow using the tag google-apis-explorer. To get help, submit your questions to Stack Overflow with the google-apis-explorer tag. Be sure to also tag your question with the tag for the API you are querying using the API Explorer.

Just didnt want to leave your post hanging here. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Code I
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sorry for the delayed response, I see you have added an update. Have you tried asking this question here

How to Get Help: Google engineers monitor and answer questions about the Google API Explorer on Stack Overflow using the tag google-apis-explorer. To get help, submit your questions to Stack Overflow with the google-apis-explorer tag. Be sure to also tag your question with the tag for the API you are querying using the API Explorer.

Just didnt want to leave your post hanging here. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response! Though I had a question on StackOverflow - I was not aware of this tag therefore never added it. Just went back and did! For all the future question I will surely be searching for a tag that Google engineering team monitors. 

I appreciate and value much your input on this, Spencer!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Excellent... I appreciate your solid feedback, hope the tag sticks Smiley Happy Have a great day!