Partners
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Account Manager Disappeared Suddenly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

something weird happened to us. We were in very frequent communication with our google account manager in Ireland, like we are used to since years working with Google. We even had a personal meeting with him in the middle east headquarters about 8 weeks ago. Suddenly our account manager is not responding to any email since almost a month and multiple urgent reminders.

We contacted the support by phone and they said they cannot do anything. It is a different department and they have no information and no possibility to get into contact. Bad!

So, our Google account manager disappeared and there seems to be no possibility to get into contact with him or anyone who could even tell us if we have a new account manager and any account manager at all.

Google, seriously, whats going on?

Did anyone experience something like this? Does anyone have a clue how to find out if we have an account manager?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author German Neuroscience Center D
July

Re: Google Adwords Account Manager Disappeared Suddenly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

all good, magically he re-appeared again...

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @German Neuroscience Center D,

Not all accounts will have an account manager and when they do... they are generally reassigned from time to time and there can be a lapse between when another one being assigned... and sometimes another will not be.  

I would suggest that you log in to your Google Partners account and look towards the upper middle of the screen for the HELP button. Use that to interact with Google Partners team, which is different from general AdWords Support. 

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear @James_Clemens,

thanks for the fast reply. We are not an agency, therefore we do not have a Partner account. Any other idea?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I just created a Partner Profile. It is unfortunately the same local support.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

You are welcome... sorry it did not help your situation. 

I do not think there is much that can be done with regards to getting an account manager assigned. I find it disappointing that your current/old account manager did not communicate with you better and wish I had a solution. When one is removed or a company or agency does not have one... what is offered is that there is no way to request one. The AdWords team will assign or remove them based on a number of factors which I cannot disclose. 

I could suggest that you look into finding a badged Google Partner in your area and getting assistance through them... but I know this is not ideal for all. If you decide to, you can use the Google Partners search system to locate some to review for your use. Generally speaking, the cost is not that much... typically 10-20% of the AdWords spend is the management fee, which completely covers their services. Please know I am not pitching how great it is to go from free support to paid, but more suggesting to go from no support to professional support. You can click on this to search (will need to log out of Google account or you will see the Google Partners dashboard since you joined).

Your Google Partners account does provide endless free training on AdWords as this is also where any certified professional takes the tests and becomes certified (which is open for you, too).

And we have the free Google Best Practices help files... which may solve much of your needs. 

Aside from all of these options, the community help forums here are full of people (like myself) willing to answer questions but you may not get the level of care you need/want (such as with my replies, lol).

All the Best,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear @James_Clemens,

We are working with Google successfully since years and we always had account managers. They change now and then but that was never an issue. The very unsatisfying thing is, that we were just discussing a huge topic (a google advised split of search and display killed 50% of our account, Google and we are losing lots of money, issue still not resolved) involving the headquarter and the technical team. I met him even personally in the middle east headquarter. He wanted to reply the next day by email and then he disappeared.

This is just plain unprofessional, regardless if there are certain policies of assigning account managers in place. Moreover, Google should have a vital interest to resolve the issue because they (and we) are losing money every day the issue is not resolved.

If anyone has any idea, whom to contact, please be so kind and let us know...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author German Neuroscience Center D
July

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

all good, magically he re-appeared again...