AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Account Exec Went After One of Our Clients and we are a Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wondering if anyone else has see this.

We have a series of clients as a Google Partner. 

Our customer received this lovely message. / now that branch is not doing adwords the the majority are - but that does make us look a little bad.

Now I have to explain it away, or let them go for it. - maybe it is one of the execs that likes you to run a thousand keywords in a single ad.

Hi John,

Reaching out from the Google New York office! My team partners with a few select clients per quarter that we feel could see accelerated growth with the assistance of a dedicated Google team. 

We came across CCS Southeast and after a bit of my team's research, we wanted to learn more about you all to see if you all would be a fit for our marketing program.

When works best for us to connect  for 20 minutes this week? I am available Friday at 4 PM (ET) or Monday at 130 PM (ET) .You can contact me directly at (HIS PHONE NUMBER) or (HIS GOOGLE EMAIL)

Thanks,
Kyle Hoehn Account Executive Google Marketing Solutions  Contact info here too.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael G
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. As Google Partners, most expect to manage all aspects of Google products for their (our) clients, which is one of the main functions of being a Google Partner. I do understand that this is what you wish to/expect to do, as one, which is great. 

Typically, AdWords support and/or Google Marketing will reach out to accounts that do not use a Google Partner (there are plenty of them out there to interact with). Rarely, something happens where they do contact a client that is managed by a Google Partner agency... which is not the intent of Google. If they are told that the account is managed by a Google Partner, 99.9% of the time they apologize and go away.

If an account is structured and set up properly, it pretty much prevents this issue from happening. Do you have all of your client's AdWords accounts set with you as the contact? This is something you would want to verify and make sure of. 

Also, are you running AdWords for this specific client? It sounds like no AdWords actions were currently running but was in the past. If this is the case, then the system may not know that you manage them or that anything is being done by a Google Partner agency, or by anyone currently for that matter. Again, having you listed as the contact and having the client's account connected to your agency's AdWords Manager Account is best practices and should be done. 

To expand on Google Marketing Solutions (GMS), this is an internal team at Google that is a year or so old. They do handpick select businesses that are not utilizing AdWords and presents them a very specific offer. This offer is generally to let them take over their AdWords account for 3 to 6 months at $1000 or $1500 per month... and they are directed that only GMS can make changes, edit the account, etc., so they insist on exclusive management. These are much like a case study or experiment type of action.   

I hope this info helps, although I know it cannot make up for what has happened. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, thats unfortunate

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael G
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. As Google Partners, most expect to manage all aspects of Google products for their (our) clients, which is one of the main functions of being a Google Partner. I do understand that this is what you wish to/expect to do, as one, which is great. 

Typically, AdWords support and/or Google Marketing will reach out to accounts that do not use a Google Partner (there are plenty of them out there to interact with). Rarely, something happens where they do contact a client that is managed by a Google Partner agency... which is not the intent of Google. If they are told that the account is managed by a Google Partner, 99.9% of the time they apologize and go away.

If an account is structured and set up properly, it pretty much prevents this issue from happening. Do you have all of your client's AdWords accounts set with you as the contact? This is something you would want to verify and make sure of. 

Also, are you running AdWords for this specific client? It sounds like no AdWords actions were currently running but was in the past. If this is the case, then the system may not know that you manage them or that anything is being done by a Google Partner agency, or by anyone currently for that matter. Again, having you listed as the contact and having the client's account connected to your agency's AdWords Manager Account is best practices and should be done. 

To expand on Google Marketing Solutions (GMS), this is an internal team at Google that is a year or so old. They do handpick select businesses that are not utilizing AdWords and presents them a very specific offer. This offer is generally to let them take over their AdWords account for 3 to 6 months at $1000 or $1500 per month... and they are directed that only GMS can make changes, edit the account, etc., so they insist on exclusive management. These are much like a case study or experiment type of action.   

I hope this info helps, although I know it cannot make up for what has happened. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well in the end we were able to convince them to let us start doing some call campaigns. - they are just one branch or a much larger company that we have 5 different adwords accounts for. - but no adwords tied directly too them - analytics is however. / basically there is a crack there. - not sure how it should be filled.