Partners
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic partner badge not showing up

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I developed my site through Wix.com and now that I have to add the dynamic badge to it, I can't seem to add it. Does anyone know if there are other options or how long I have until I have to switch my site over to another platform if necessary.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic partner badge not showing up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Scott,

You do not have to use the badge on your website but if you do, we were all suppose to have it done by the end of 2016. 

With that said, let's see if we can figure out what is causing yours to not show. 

Are you able to edit raw code or add HTML coded elements to your website?

Are you getting any errors when you attempt to add it? 

Have you reviewed this info regarding adding custom code to Wix? If you use this info... and use the Google Partners code on your registered website, it should work. The actual code is this:

<p><script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script>
<div class="g-partnersbadge" data-agency-id="1111111111"></div></p>

You just have to change the 1111111111 to your actual partner id. 

Please keep in mind that the website has to be your company website (listed with your company Google Partners profile), or one that is added to that profile. Also, when you first add it, it can take some hours to actually show. I have seen them added correctly and then first show the next day. Once they are live with the system they do seem to always show... but at first it can be a bit lagging.

Please let us know what you discover and we can troubleshoot further.

All the Best,

James 

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

James thanks for your response. I have the code correct. The only thing I noticed is that the website I have is http, while it's now https. When I tried to update the listing on my profile, it said it couldn't verify the site. Would it make a difference that the site in my profile isn't the https version and if it does, any idea why I can't verify it in my profile under this designation?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Scott,

You are very welcome. 

You should be able to edit the website, however lets try something else. Go to My Company / Basic Information and click edit. Now, look under your website address to additional websites and add the https address and see what happens. 

In the end, I think you will want to call AdWords Support and ask them to fix your profile up, which will allow the badge to stream properly. It will only stream to websites linked in your company profile so you could have the code added correctly and never see the badge appear if your profile as a technical glitch. 

Please do let us know what happens. 

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

It turned out I needed to verify the secure site with search console and then I could add it. We'll see if this means the badge works now. I'll keep you updated.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Scott,

Oh yes, my apologies for not pointing that out. I assumed this was done... which was not correct to do. (lol)

Thanks for replying back on your steps and please do let us know what happens. 

Cheers,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scott - did you ever get the dynamic partner code to work on your WIX site as i'm having the same issue? I've added the correct code, done the Search Console correctly and still no joy! help! 

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

Andy unfortunately no. And Google finally made me take down what I had. What I've ended up doing is creating a site on a new url using a different site builder. I used Weebly and that worked right away.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

[so sad]
I can't get mine working either -- Google says it should be working -- Wix tells me it should work and to go talk to Google. No one has the answer for me. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Patiricia, 

The issue resides on the Wix side not with Google... so you would want to research things in their help communities and support. 

Kind Regards,

James