AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Badge not very dynamic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the badge on our website barkingfrogseo.com but nothing happens when you hover over the little dots that are supposed to be dynamic. Also, clicking it doesn't take you to our profile. I've disabled all javascript minifiers, any ides?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Dynamic Badge not very dynamic

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ardyce T,

I have moved this from Google AdWords Express community to the Google Partners community, namely the support category. 

Also, I have visited your website and tested it and it does work as it should. When I hover over it, it shows no specializations yet... and when I click it, it takes me to the agencies profile with Google Partners. If it does not work for you, it may be your specific computer or web browser. I am using the latest version of Google Chrome 64-bit version. 

g-badge-issue.jpg

The reason nothing more happens is that you have not earned any specializations yet, per your profile on Google Partners (clicking the badge takes you there and shows if any specializations are earned). So, until they are earned... the badge does nothing. 

The badge is only interactive/dynamic once a specialization is earned. I agree that is the badges do not work all that great and having to add them is unfortunate when there is no added benefit until a specialization is met, but it is what we must do, per the rules of Google Partners. 

All the Best,

James