AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Double Google Plus Profile Pages - Need to Delete One

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We had a brand account that has since been deleted that was connected to our GMail account. We are in need of help to remove the Google Plus page at link below through whatever account it was created. It has no content.

Please make sure that the current new Google Plus page with sunshine header photo is not removed.( It has a picture of the sun at the top of the page)

Also please confirm that the removal of the page below will not affect the current RHS gmail email.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Randy G
July 2017

Re: Double Google Plus Profile Pages - Need to Delete One

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

You are not bothering me in any way just got busy, I apologize for the delay.

After closer inspection, I see the page you are referencing is a personal page, not a business page. When you hover over the check mark you see it listed as personal page. Getting this straight will help eliminate confusion moving forward. 

Here is what the image should look like.

2.PNG 

Yours look like, image below.

3.PNG

If you have access to Google My Business, the email that created this listing, image below, log into that account here

4.PNG

When you log into your account, via the log in link above you should see your business listing and on the menu to the left you will see the INFO tab, click it and you will see the column published on (Search, Maps & G+), click the Google+ image and it will open to your business page for your listing, that will be the official page for your business. 

There are a few ways to report the old page, using Report impersonation can help get the process started and Using feedback, helps too, example below. 

6.PNG

Good Luck, this doesn't happen overnight but if you follow the steps above you should be on your way. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Randy G,

To get you started, use this form to request ownership of the old page in question, it takes about 7-10 days, you will be notified if the current owner replies if they do not, the page will be turned over to you and then you can close out the old page, if that is what you are trying to do. Request ownership or more management access

If all else fails check with support. 

Hope this helps! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You Spencer_Wade,

What has happened is the "branded account" that was attached to this page was deleted first, and now we have 2 different Google Plus Profile Pages, and we need to delete one of them, which was the link attached, which has no content. I am so confused on how to navigate through this site as it is way over my head. I do not seem to have a Business Account with Google, and if I do, I cannot find it. What a pain.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My apologies, I was under the impression you had access to the Manager profile. 

So do you have access to this page? https://plus.google.com/106597713910583576908 if so can you log in via https://business.google.com/ and see if you see the page in question? 

I do my best to help...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Again Spencer_ Wade,

Thank you, all help is truly appreciated. That link yes we do, and that is
the one we want to keep and delete the other with no content.

When we try and sign in to "My Google Business" this is what I get: with a
map, as is we do not have an account with my business ?? So Lost.

Business name
Country / Region
Canada

Street address
City
Province
Please select

Postal code
Main business phone

Category
Website
I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location —Important
information
Yes
No
Continue
Categories let customers know what kind of business you have.
Examples: *Dentist,
Wedding Photographer, Thai Restaurant*.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

First I apologize to all, this is mainly for agency questions. And no worries about the confusion there are lots of working steps that need to be inline to have full control of your data. 

Now to your issue. I looked on Google, and see your company is claimed and verified. Image below.

1.PNG

It shows the business listing and shows "Suggest an edit" which means the page is claimed. From what you have described someone else or a different email was used to create and verify the page in question. So when you sign in to Google My Business, and see the basic data you provided in your post, fill in your company profile and you should be alerted that a listing is already in place, once you are to this stage you will see the option to re-claim the page. When you reclaim the page, Google sends an email to the user who manages it, this will help if you or another employee created the listing, it will give you a chance to gain access prior to reclaiming the page. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Spencer_Wade, you are a great help to me, and it has been greatly appreciated.

What we are trying to to is remove this link and page, as it was set up before and we are not sure who through.

And also wanted to confirm that the removal of the page above will not affect the current RHS gmail email.

The other page with the "Sun Header" and content is what we want to keep and remove the other above with no content. I hope that makes sense, cause at this point I am beyond confused...lol

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sorry for bothering you Spencer Wade,

I am just so confused, our SEO people say that the page with the "Sun Header" is the "new" page they have created for us, and we would like to keep that one. 

But there is a secondary page "https://plus.google.com/115364577432313522953" and we need to have this page deleted, without messing up the Gmail account attached to it for business.

For some reason, I am not able to see your reply, unless it is emailed, then I see it clearly. I am wondering if this is ever going to be resolved, as we have been at this for days now. Thank you for any and all assistance that can be provided.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Randy G
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

You are not bothering me in any way just got busy, I apologize for the delay.

After closer inspection, I see the page you are referencing is a personal page, not a business page. When you hover over the check mark you see it listed as personal page. Getting this straight will help eliminate confusion moving forward. 

Here is what the image should look like.

2.PNG 

Yours look like, image below.

3.PNG

If you have access to Google My Business, the email that created this listing, image below, log into that account here

4.PNG

When you log into your account, via the log in link above you should see your business listing and on the menu to the left you will see the INFO tab, click it and you will see the column published on (Search, Maps & G+), click the Google+ image and it will open to your business page for your listing, that will be the official page for your business. 

There are a few ways to report the old page, using Report impersonation can help get the process started and Using feedback, helps too, example below. 

6.PNG

Good Luck, this doesn't happen overnight but if you follow the steps above you should be on your way.