Partners
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Collection Agency (Contacting OUR Customers)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, we've had "Commercial Collections of New York" write, call and contact our customers about supposed amounts due in their Adwords accounts. What it amounts to is nothing but a harassment campaign, because CCC isn't actually collecting any debts at all, just "reminding" people of any that may or may not exist. First of all, it would be nice if CCC would call the agency responsible for any account in a MCC, not the end-client directly, which usually doesn't know that aspect of the account in the first place. Secondly, THIS WOULD BE A NON-ISSUE IF GOOGLE DID NOT ALLOW ANY ACCOUNT TO GO INTO THE RED. These accounts usually go into the red for a moment, some significantly, and frankly, I don't care if that happens because Google is allowing it and they are responsible for the debt because their system allows it. If Google doesn't want past due amounts to happen, then don't allow the Adwords system to post click charges past what's authorized by a card. Thirdly, it creates insane friction between clients and my agency, when clients are determining to renew a budget and come back. Take a stab at the retention rates of customers that have been called by a third party collector over a debt they aren't even aware of (because theoretically it doesn't actually exist)? Google needs to rescind this relationship with CCC of NY immediately. We can handle negative accounts without a "reminder" call that only serves to jeopordize our relationship with any client. If Google wants to not have bad paper on its books, it's fully capable of ending it without any fanfare by stopping ad serving once an account reaches zero dollars in the account. (And Google needs to allow PREPAID clicks for simplicity of budget management)

Thanks, Rant Over.

Jarred

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collection Agency (Contacting OUR Customers)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jarred J,

Thank you for visiting the Google Partners community. 

While we can see that you needed to release some thoughts about Google AdWords and agency management, I want to encourage you to copy and paste all of this into this web form so that the right people can hear/read it. This will make the time spent worthy of possible change.

All the Best,

James