Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Cocerns regarding best practice bug in Google Partner Portal

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello there,

I am not sure if we are the only agency experiencing this issue, but during the 8 times I have called, I was told twice there was a known error.

Our agency has been in the program since 2006, from Certified Company, to participating in Agencyland, to Google Partners. 

We been been seeing back and forth best practice qualification every few months where we will meet and exceed all best practice required, to going below min for no reason with email stating that we will lose our badge. This has happened more than 8 times in the last 18 months.

partner.jpg

Just last two weeks, we have the up swing where we exceeded all requirement in best practice but not getting our badge back, I called 8662GOOGLE and spoke with a rep who couldnt explain either, which I told her our experience in the portal, never heard back after.

partner-2.jpg

Yesterday, check the portal again, it happened again where we lost our best practice, this time, I know it has to be a system error as there is a new feature in there called specialization which breaks down each channel showing which area did not meet, and the spend amount.

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction to who I should contact? None of the team member can explain to me when I called on why our best practice swings more volatile than the stock market, but our spend and client base are spending consistently. 

Thanks in advance. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cocerns regarding best practice bug in Google Partner Portal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Andy,

Sorry for all the confusion, with any update there are bugs and kinks, I assume that may be the case here, since this just happened, maybe giving it another day to see if things wash out.

I would think that things will start to even out in the next few days, if not maybe we can look at escalating the issue.

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Give it a couple of days. The new design just launched yesterday and it's not fully rolled out yet. It will take a couple of days to get sorted out. I hope the best practices bar glitch will be fixed then as well!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I too am seeing a note that my partner status is at risk due to performance. Prior to the new roll out, my performance was at 95% well above the average of other agencies. Now, it is all greyed out showing basically a "zero" with no suggestions on how to improve. I am sure this is a clitch but it has not updated in a while so waiting doesn't seem to be "fixing" anything. In addition, I tried adding two new users (junior team members) to my company profile and it doesn't allow any area to add a new user. Where can I add them? I need them studying and taking their exams asap. Any insight into either issues?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello @Jo S

Like any update things have been slow but steady, if you are seeing issues, it might be worth having a conversation with your rep or support in General, the roll out seems to be in full affect and the new breakdown is showing some pain points for lots of small agencies but I assure you this is making the specializations more focused.

As far as adding members to your profile when they are accepted in to the partners network they associate their profiles with your company, then you as the master will have access to their data via employees tab in the partners portal under MY Company

Here is the main help file to keep for your records. 

Let us know if you are successful in getting the new hires linked and as  far as the BP bar, I would have someone take a look. Maybe @Alex can jump in! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think it is great that Google is requiring a higher level of performance
but the previous bar graph was nearly to the top (I don't have all of my
clients maximizing mobile depending upon their budget and needs) but it was
near the 95% and it shows the avg agency was 80%. I find it hard to believe
that when the new system rolled out, that I went from the top to nothing.
If it were working properly and my performance was indeed sub par, I'd
expect there to be some recommendations on where and why I have a poor
rating?

Also, I need to look further into adding my two new interns that I am
training (it has been a while). I assumed I could initiate from my company
page and then they would accept and gain access. So, they need to sign up
as a partner first? Then associate my MCC?

Thanks for your help!

Jo

See attached screen grab.

--
It always seems impossible until it is done. ~ Nelson Mandela

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Gogle Partner Status 7-29-16.jpg

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Agreed, roll-outs are buckets of joy... 

I am with you, I think there just might need to be a second look from the partners side, it does seem odd that you are at the 90 day mark and have spend in place and your overall is not showing. Have you tried calling in to see what they say? Has this been like this long? Did you have good marks and now nothing or is this the 1st time you are seeing the updated system? This link should get your new hires into Q

keep us posted on the BP bar and if you have sometime now in the AM is the best time to call into support IMHO! 

I think this will get sorted just need to have it reviewed.... Keep us posted....

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner
@Jo S, have you had a chance to reach out to partner support on this? If so, did they provide any guidance on how to resolve this?

We're now sitting at 30+ days with an empty company performance bar. Everything else seems to update regularly (spend), and we were well above the average Google Partner metric on the old portal. Very disheartening to continue seeing that blank bar as we continue to work with new leads...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I emailed a couple days ago and haven't received a response. Sounds like
you are receiving something similar.

--
It always seems impossible until it is done. ~ Nelson Mandela