AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Certification Badge - Individual and Company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I affiliate a company to my individual Partners profile and I filled in the Company profile.

I saw the requirements for having a Partners badge and I accomplished the Company profile and Certification. However, regarding Spend and Company Performance items I do not fulfill that. Could this be the reason I don't see the badge on my Partners Status?

Another question: If I, as individual, have Certification why in the Company profile the Certification tab is all blank. My individual aprofile has Adwords Certification and Analytics Certification. I am a Company member. 

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Certification Badge - Individual and Company

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @João M,

When you visit Google Partners portal with your individual email address, you will not see any of the company info, which is where the badge Google Partner is managed. You will need to revisit Google Partners and click on your photo (upper right corner) and click Add Account, then log in with your company email account. 

One you do this, you will be able to see what is left to become a badged Google Partner. I wrote about the process recently, which you may find useful. Until you complete all of the requirements, you will not become a badged Google Partner. You should immediately create a Google AdWords manager account and import at least one active AdWords account since that is the longest requirement to meet.

Further, if you recently completed the certifications or created the company profile or linked them, it can take upwards of 7-10 business days to populate, although 1-2 business days is typical.

If you need help with anything else, please just let us know. Welcome aboard and congratulations!

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

did not catch the first paragraph.

I entered Google Partners with my e-mail (gmail) and in my profile I
affiliate the company (my site). My problem is in to find the badge. Maybe
I don't find them because I don't accomplish all the requirements I state
before. Could it be?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @João M,

You are not a badged Google Partner until all requirements are met, so there is nothing to display for only completing some of the steps... it just means you are working on it. Everyone takes the tests on Google Partners, but this does not make them a badged Google Partner. You are, however, a certified individual once you pass a specific AdWords test. Being certified and being a badged Google Partner are two entirely different things. 

Further, you need to create a Google Partners company profile (not just a personal one) which will be in your company/agency name, then you sync your personal profile to it as an affiliate, which links you and your AdWords certificates to your Google Partners profile. I have a GP account set for my agency, which is my company profile, -and- I have my personal GP linked to it, and my personal account is where my certificates are earned. When I log in to GP with my personal account, I only see a limited amount of stuff. I do not see the badged GP info until I log in with the company GP account.

Please let us know if this helps you understand or if we can help further. It is a lot to take in at first.

Kind Regards,

James