Partners
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Becoming a badged Google Partner | August 2016

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hello,

After helping many over the past six months with questions regarding the required steps to becoming a badged Google Partner, I thought it would be helpful to create a discussion and go over current information about what it required and how to best achieve it. 

Different levels of the Google Partners. 

1) A member of Google Partners community. When you joined this Google Partner community and started posting and contributing, you became a member of Google Partners community and we are so happy that you did. This is a great first step in expanding your intelligence and building a future with Google Partners... and Google AdWords. Google Partners is Google AdWords centric. And when you stay active here, this allows you to say you are an active member of the Google Partners Community. You still can not use the Google Partners logo anywhere, nor can you claim to be a Google Partner. 

2) A badged Google Partner. There are five distinct steps involved in becoming badged, which are all geared around AdWords performance and exceptional care of your clients that use AdWords.

• Company Profile. Create and complete a Partners company profile so we have the information necessary to list your agency on Google Partner Search.
  • Certifications in AdWords. Get 1 affiliated individual certified in AdWords to show that you and your colleagues have advanced AdWords knowledge. This actually means passing the AdWords Fundamentals exam + one other AdWords specific exam. 
  • Managed Spend Requirements. Meet a 90-day AdWords spend requirement of US$10,000 across your managed accounts to show that your agency has a healthy amount of activity.
  • Company Performance. Meet the Performance requirement by delivering solid overall AdWords revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base.
  • AdWords Manager Account History. You have to have a 12-month history of AdWords performance within a AdWords Manager Account (Old name: MCC/My Client Center). This is something added in back around May/June 2016 and is not widely understood. If you are working towards becoming a badged Google Partner, this should be done immediately, not after you are ready. It's free and as along as you have one active AdWords account to pull into it, you can start your history countdown as you work on performance, certifications, etc.. 

Once these are completed successfully, you are ready for Google to review your account. Once accepted, Google Partner status gives your agency access to a number of program benefits. You can earn this as an army of one or as a twenty-person agency.

• Showing the badge on your website, other online properties, and offline marketing materials.
  • Having a company profile and visibility on the Google Partner Search website
  • Invitations to select Google events.
  • Access to different levels of training and support.
  • The ability to earn company specializations.

3) A badged Premier Google Partner. Meet the Performance requirement by delivering solid overall AdWords revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base. Some of the benefits are:

• Company Profile. Create and complete a Partners company profile so we have the information necessary to list your agency on Google Partner Search.
  • Certifications in AdWords. Get 2 affiliated individuals certified in AdWords to show that you and your colleagues have advanced AdWords knowledge.
  • Managed Spend Requirements. Meet a higher Spend requirement across your managed accounts to show that your agency has a healthy amount of activity.
  • Company Performance. Meet the Performance requirement by delivering solid overall AdWords revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base.
  • AdWords Manager Account History. You have to have a 12-month history of AdWords performance within a AdWords Manager Account (Old name: MCC/My Client Center).

Once these are completed successfully, your dedicated Google AdWords Partner Rep will invite you into this top-tier program. This can be obtained as an army of two or as a twenty-person agency. While I cannot state a specific spend level to become a Premier Partner, unless you are managing roughly $75,000.00 monthly in AdWords spend, you are not in the neighborhood and need to keep pushing forward. Some of the benefits are:

• Showing the Premier badge on your website, other online properties, and offline marketing materials.
  • Having a company profile and visibility on the Google Partner Search website
  • Invitations to select Google events.
  • Access to different levels of training and support.
  • The ability to earn company specializations.
  • Undisclosed benefits, dedicated support and more. 

Along with being a badged Google Partner or a badged Premier Google Partner, you can earn specializations, which will populate in your Google Partner Profile within Partner Search and your badging will be dynamic with the earned specializations popping up.  Specializations have to be earned, too. You need a high level of performance and a spend level for each AdWords area of $10,000.00 or more monthly. 

unnamed (1).gifunnamed.gif

Ready to be a badged Google Partner?

If you are working hard at an agency offering AdWords services to clients and want to get them badged, follow these tips:

• Make sure to sign in with an email that has edit access to the AdWords manager account containing the accounts which you personally manage.
  • Affiliate with your agency's company profile. You can do this when you sign up, or later on your "My profile" page.
  • Get certified in AdWords. This will help fulfill your agency's Certification requirement and get it one step closer to Partner status.
  • Visit the Google Partner Community here often, participate, contribute, learn and stay involved. 
  • Dig into Google AdWords Best Practices, Think with Google, and other educational assets. 

Note: Getting certified is free with Google. You can take the exams as soon as your sign up at Google Partners. You can take the exams as many times as it takes to pass, but if you fail one, you have to wait seven days to retake. Exams are changed out to keep them credible. Once passed, certifications are good for 12 months. You will need to continually study, follow best practices, stay active here and maximize your client's AdWords accounts to remain a badged Google Partner. 

Google Partners.

Google Manager Account.

Google AdWords.

About AdWords Certifications.

Think with Google.

Google AdWords Best Practices.

If you have any questions, please post them up here so we can provide further assistance to you. Our community is very active, caring and ready to help you succeed with Google AdWords and the Google Partner Program. 

Kind Regards,

James

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Becoming a badged Google Partner | August 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@James_Clemens Great Post

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Shariq M,

I am happy to hear your enjoyed it and I appreciate your kind words. 

Have a great day,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks J!

I have a question. If I achieve partner status under my current brand/business name but decide to change my brand/business name later, is this possible? If so, is it difficult to do? I am trying to avoid going through the process all over again once I have my new brand/business name ready to go.

Thanks,

Mark

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark F,

You are very welcome. 

You present an interesting question, no doubt. I am sure this has come up at some point along the way, but I am not entirely sure of the correct answer... but we will get it for you. 

While we work on getting this answered for you, I would recommend you create a general Gmail account (something tied to you, not a company/brand), and get that Adwords Manager account set up and with an active AdWords account, since having one in place for 12 months is now required. I do know that your certifications, AdWords and AdWords Manager Account can follow you, so that covers everything but your badged Google Partners status.

@Krisha, can you help me verify Mark's inquiry so I can provide the correct answer... and update my help database. (Thank you!)

Mark, we will get this answered, so stay tuned... and thanks for visiting the Google Partners community.

Kind Regards,

James 

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

@Mark F, you can change your name, logo etc after the fact if you'd like. If you decide to do so, please make sure to update your company name in AdWords as well.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thank you for the information, @Alex R.

This is great news for @Mark F and anyone else looking to change up their agency after the fact. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Alex R this helps a lot. I am glad to know I can change my brand/name and not have to go through the whole process again under a different name.

-Mark

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@James_Clemens This is definitely good news for me and others that want to change their brand/logo later.

-Mark

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you kindly.