Partners
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics: Send test traffic results in no update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my GA code embedded in my shopify site, and it shows as the correct account number. When I go into the "Send Test Traffic" function, it launches the site correctly, but I still see 0 visitors on my GA traffic dashboard.

1 Expert replyverified_user

test traffic not coming through

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar issue, my site opens correctly, but it doesn't show that any users have visited, or are actively on the site right now.

Analytics: Send test traffic results in no update

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

Have you used the Google Tag Assistant to check that your code is firing properly? Google Tag Assistant is a free Google Chrome extension that is designed to validate the code and help with troubleshooting. 

You can learn more here and you can download it here.  

Keep in mind that it will take roughly 24 hours for Analytics to show data and it will not pull/show data for any period before your tracking was set up on the web property. If Google Tag Assistant shows it as valid, just give it a day.

Also make sure the data range is set to encompass a day before you added it... and through today (or set it to this month). We see lots of new users have the date set out of range. Same with filters... adding a filter can strip out any data, although you can simply remove the filter and see it.

Let us know how things go.

Kind Regards,

James