Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Agency Lost Display Specialization

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there,

I've recently got an e-mail from Google Partners saying that my agency specialization on Display has been lost.

At the moment we have the spending checked, 2 people from the agency are certified in Display Advertising, but the performance bar is empty. This bar was a couple of days ago medium-to-high, so above average. How is it possible that the overall performance in the campaign drop so low?

All the best,

Remus

3 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Remus C,

That does sound a bit odd to drop so much and so suddenly.

It could be that your 90 average was calculated and caught up and/or corrected itself. Seeing that it is empty, it seems as though a requirement is not being met somewhere. Even with spend maxed out, performance needs to be there, too, as you already know. Have you made changes in display campaigns in the past ninety days that could have affected performance?  

Have you looked in and made sure the certifications are valid and still connected to your company profile?

Have you had a Adwords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My client Center) in use with active account for at least 12 months?

If none of this helps, you could call the Google Partners agency team at 866-246-6453.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Thanks for contributing!

Sure, I've made several changes in all my clients display campaigns, but I've been doing that since day one. I am doing daily changes: bid adjustements, placements adding/removal, changing ads etc. - I'm seeing these as performance modifications. How can the bar drop from 70/100 to almost 0 in just 1/2 days?

The users certified are linked with my company, the spending is there, is the perfomance that is not in the normal parameteres.

I'll try to keep this post up-to-date with a solution to this issue, if I find one.

All the best,

Remus

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Remus C,

You are welcome and I do understand.

You are using a AdWords Manager Account, correct? I so, you should call the number I posted for further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Indeed, we are using AdWords Manage Account (formerly known as MCC).

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I've seen this randomly happen several times and it was just a glitch.  It pops back up in a couple of days.  Has it returned?

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

New client acquisition is part of the "performance" threshold.

"We look at a number of things to determine your company’s level of product expertise, including how you're implementing the AdWords product for your clients, if you're growing your usage in the product area, if you're retaining your clients in that product area, and other related factors."

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6370157?_ga=1.201539345.1417006491.1475793667

Increasing adbuy is not enough, as that is part of the spend requirement. Retention of clients is not enough either. You have to constantly be bringing in new accounts. I would assume creating them through the MCC, and running long enough to at least apply the promo credit is a big factor. Sub-MCC clients seem to apply to "growing usage". So, one more reason to keep all the clients you can in your MCC, even if you are not actively managing all of them.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think this is a glitch. It's almost a week since the specialization has been lost and nothing changed. I've talked this issue with some other agencies in my country and the single thing that popped up is this:

Perfomance, client retention, client acquisition, spending - they're all linked. But one follows the other, so I'm thinking that performance comes after spending. But the spending needs to be at least 5% from the total spending done in the MCC if we want performance to be taken in consideration.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like we should stagger new clients with time between them.  Perhaps set up a second MCC to hold brand new clients and migrate them to the official/measured MCC in a deliberate, slower pace so the agency acquisition rate is constant.  LOL.  

Yeah... silly.  Increasing spend and improving performance should be enough to maintain specialization IMO.  I have clients in legal, water damage, credit cards, etc. - many of them in the top 10 most expensive CPC markets with 100+ competitors in the ad auction.

For these, every 5% increase in spend would be like getting a new small client, except that the low-income client would require lots of my overhead (80/20 rule) I could spend on getting the high-dollar clients into new areas of Adwords...  Let me spend my time on that rather than $200/month mom and pops.  

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Please see this post for updates.