Partners
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords certification exam froze on question #94..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just finished my Adwords Fundamentals exam. However while taking the exam, approximately 1 hour, 48 minutes into it, the test froze. I could not click the Submit Answer button. Well I could click it, but nothing would happen. Meanwhile the timer clock continued it's countdown.

So... being of sound mind (lol), I immediately shot a screen capture video of exactly what was happening.

Here's the first screen capture video I did right when this was happening.

http://screencast.com/t/AIoEhesB

So then I waited the next 10 minutes or so to see if it would somehow "unfreeze". But no luck. So then I shot another screen capture video of the last 1.5 minutes of the clock counting down. Meanwhile I still had 6 questions remaining to answer. I even jinxed myself in this video by saying "watch, I'll get a 78 and fail the test".

Well... watch this last 1.5 minutes to see what happened.

http://screencast.com/t/t4u8AkhIkxRJ

So what's the answer here? Do I actually have to wait 7 more days to re-take this test, and then hope like hell that it doesn't freeze again on question 99?

Please advise? Thanks!

Jeff P

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords certification exam froze on question #94..

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jeff,

Ugg, is all I can say, this happened to an employee over the last week where they had an issue, not this issue but another and I took it to the top, they helped me report the issue in detail so the engineers could make changes but there was nothing they could do to reset the test.

I am sorry about this its frustrating but in any case you might have to wait that 7 days to retest and if you retest make sure and use another browser and a landline computer, so there is no possibilities of network issues or any for that matter, even though looking at the live-viewer you shared its seems everything is working on your end, the blue button is not registering your click. 

You can call into support all though it being the weekend I dont know how far it will get you or wait til Monday and call in around 9-1 PT to get the best results, if you can report the issue have them look into it and see what they say if by any case its different from what we experienced. 

Partners Support Direct Line

Frustrating... 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Spencer. I appreciate your response. I wish it had happened on... like question 5 or something, then it wouldn't be so devastating. Not that I'm really devastated but you know what I mean.

We'll see what they say Monday and I'll post the feedback in here.

Thanks again!

Jeff P

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Absolutely terrible, Jeff. Sorry to hear of this happening to you.

When you go to retake the test, I would make sure to use Google Chrome and make sure it is fully updated. I would also clear the cache and all history... and do not log into another Google account with it until after the test. Where I have heard of this happening, the person has almost always logged into their general account, then their agency account (or a family member/employee has logged into theirs), and then the person logged back into their Google account and proceeded to take the test.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
No problem at when I saw the question 94 it made me cringe...

That stinks but I think you have a good attitude of it!

Keep us posted and have a great weekend!

Good points too about cleaning things up prior J C!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff P
May 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah I think J C is absolutely spot on. I remember a couple weeks ago I was trying to take one of the exams and I was using Firefox. When I clicked the Take Exam button the test wouldn't even come up, just went to a blank screen. Even after clearing cache and cookies, it still wouldn't work. So when I switched to Chrome it worked perfectly.

Well yesterday when this happened I was using Firefox. I wasn't even thinking about what had happened before.
But it does still kinda suck!

Thanks for the input guys!

- Jeff P

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Total bummer - but at least you're familiar with the format and some of the questions now and nothing is stopping you from moving on to the advanced exams while you wait to re-take the Fundamentals.

What I will suggest is that you revisit the learning materials, especially around account structure (in regards to question 94). Ad groups should contain tightly themed keywords. While some of them technically could have 5 keywords, that is not really a standard practice. The theme of the ad groups and their relation to the ads in that ad group as well as the landing pages selected is what creates relevancy, not a fixed number of keywords.

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6172648?hl=en&ref_topic=6123873

Smiley Happy

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same thing actually just happened to me on the Analytics exam, question 65 out of 70, with 20 minutes left to go and the clock counting down. The Submit doesn't turn blue and isn't clickable. It doesn't allow changing to the other aswer either.
http://screencast.com/t/hlSaKeS3hJn

(and I am using Chrome browser)

I am really hoping I got enough correct answers to pass it without those last 5 questions!

I thought of refreshing the page, but since yours appeared to complete submission when the clock ran out, now I think I will just here and wait and see...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Fingers crossed man, this can be frustrating Adam...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This happened to me about a month ago - I figured I had nothing to lose at that point so I refreshed Chrome. And surprisingly, it didn't kick me out of the exam, but just sent me onto the next question. I got lucky!