Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I’ve been into the SEM industry for last 3 years but never had the opportunity to get certified as a professional. The company I work with doesn’t have a Google Partner status and not willing to get one.

Hence, I registered today as an agency visiting https://www.google.com/partners/ using my personal email id and wrote ‘Google Online Marketing Challenge (GOMC)’ in the company affiliation section. It’s still awaiting approval.

I see that I can appear for the AdWords and Analytics exams. But my question is that would I be able to get certificates this way for all the exams I appear? Is the process a valid one?

Thanks, everyone.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joy Banerjee
May 2016

Re: Adwords Certification

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Joy aka Mainak Smiley Happy

When you create your profile you will see My Profile Tab, click that and look at the name that its showing that will tell you the name that will be displayed. 

11.JPG

Then scroll down to the

22.JPG

Click view profile and it should populate to the name that will be displayed.

33.JPG

You might look over this help file. Create or change your Google+ profile name

Let us know if you are successful in getting this updated. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Joy,

I wanted to see if I could point you in the right direction. If you have signed up for partners, you will have access to all the tests, if you click the Adwords tab it populates the available tests. AdWords Fundamentals - Search Advertising - Display Advertising - Video Advertising - Shopping Advertising - Mobile Advertising - Analytics Once you have taken all the test, you will have the option to show your personal profile and all the test you are certified with, you will even have the chance to see and download the certifications. 

I think it might be best to just focus on getting your personal profile to 100%, meaning take all the tests and get your personal profile to completion, then after you have taken those steps maybe you will have what you need to convince your company to join the program, then you will be able to link your private profile to the company if they go that route. If not you will at least be covering your self with the certifications and knowledge. Then you will have a option to share your profile by selecting Share with Public under the My Profile tab. So I say the process is valid, if they are not interested now, showing them the process is valid might get them involved and being at 100% on your profile will help you in the long run.

Hope this helps! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Spencer. Another thing that I'd like to know is that my real name is Mainak, but I've been using my nickname 'Joy' for my Google a/c for sometime now.

That said, what name would be written in the certificates that I'd get after successfully passing the exams? I want to get my real name written on it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joy Banerjee
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Joy aka Mainak Smiley Happy

When you create your profile you will see My Profile Tab, click that and look at the name that its showing that will tell you the name that will be displayed. 

11.JPG

Then scroll down to the

22.JPG

Click view profile and it should populate to the name that will be displayed.

33.JPG

You might look over this help file. Create or change your Google+ profile name

Let us know if you are successful in getting this updated.