Partners
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Spend Requirement?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

This may seem like a silly question, but I am wanting to know if the 90-day US$10,000 minimum AdWords spend is still a requirement for Google Partner status?

My company has accrued just over half of this spend requirement in the past 90 days through advertising for clients, and it doesn't seem as though we'll reach the US$10,000 spend for a number of reasons - the main one being the Dollar-Rand exchange rate (we are situated in South Africa).

I also see a number of agencies who have the Google Partner badge on their site, and yet I find it highly unlikely that they are spending US$10,000 on Google AdWords on behalf of clients.

How strict is Google with this minimum spend requirement? Is it possible to gain Google Partner status without reaching this amount of AdWords spend?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Regan H
July 2016

Re: AdWords Spend Requirement?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Regan H,

You are very welcome. 

The $3350.00 is a monthly amount that barely breaks the $10,000/90 Days threshold and is what I first used as a goal and then grew from there. No matter how we look at it... before, during or after... that is the least monthly spend amount in any given month.

It is an absolute $10,000/90 Days to become and/or maintain badged partner status and $3350.00 X 3 = $10.050.00, which squeaks in. 

Further, Google Analytics is not part of the requirement to be badged. Google AdWords Fundamentals PLUS one other. Take a look at this chart for more info.

badged requirements.jpg

Once the exams are met, you are certified in AdWords, which is a great accomplishment. This does not make someone a badged Google Partner, which is a major accomplishment for an agency (or AdWords professional). Being badged is not a requirement to being certified, but it is a great thing.. but no person should be claiming proficiency in AdWords without being certified and no agency/business should be claiming to be a Google Partner without being badged. 

I hope this clears things up better. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Regan H,

No question is silly when you need a answer, so I will happily provide what I know. 

Requirements for a badged Google Partner:

• Company Profile - Create and complete a Partners company profile so we have the information necessary to list your agency on Google Partner Search.
  • Certification - Get 1 affiliated individual certified in AdWords to show that you and your colleagues have advanced AdWords knowledge. (This means Adwords Fundamentals + One More.)
  • Spend - Meet a 90-day AdWords spend requirement of US$10,000 across your managed accounts to show that your agency has a healthy amount of activity.
  • Company performance - Meet the Performance requirement by delivering solid overall AdWords revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base.

Please keep in mind that recently there were further changes made which seems to suggest that an agency must have a Manager Account (use to be called MCC / My Client Center) that has been in use for 12 months. 

Further, if you dip under the $3,350 monthly absolute minimum, it will affect your eligibility for that 90 day period and you will need to work towards it in the next month to make up the difference. The $10,000 is an "at least minimum, whereas I would be aiming to break that seal by a nudge, in the worse case... meaning $3,350.00 monthly absolute. $3,333.00 is short. 

In the case of missing that goal, just keep trying and working on spend levels with clients and it will happen at some point. Your Partner Profile is not going to trigger the advancement without meeting the above requirements. There is no getting around that, unfortunately.

Google keep things strictly consistent to be fair to all involved and ensure the integrity of the badged Google Partner system.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi James

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify though - that $3,350.00 - is that the minimum required spend AFTER you reach a 90-day spend of $10,000.00? So we would have to reach $10,000.00 anyway?

On a similar note: can a business only gain Google Partner status for showing proficiency in AdWords? Is it not possible to gain Partner status through showing proficiency in Google Analytics?

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Regan H
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Regan H,

You are very welcome. 

The $3350.00 is a monthly amount that barely breaks the $10,000/90 Days threshold and is what I first used as a goal and then grew from there. No matter how we look at it... before, during or after... that is the least monthly spend amount in any given month.

It is an absolute $10,000/90 Days to become and/or maintain badged partner status and $3350.00 X 3 = $10.050.00, which squeaks in. 

Further, Google Analytics is not part of the requirement to be badged. Google AdWords Fundamentals PLUS one other. Take a look at this chart for more info.

badged requirements.jpg

Once the exams are met, you are certified in AdWords, which is a great accomplishment. This does not make someone a badged Google Partner, which is a major accomplishment for an agency (or AdWords professional). Being badged is not a requirement to being certified, but it is a great thing.. but no person should be claiming proficiency in AdWords without being certified and no agency/business should be claiming to be a Google Partner without being badged. 

I hope this clears things up better. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi James

Great. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Regan

AdWords Spend Requirement?