AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

ACCREDITED GOOGLE ADWORD AGENCY - www.sponsoredlinx.com.au

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have received a call from http://www.sponsoredlinx.com.au who asked to log on to do a health check on our Google account and were very forceful.

They suggested that they were an accredited Google Partner.

They suggested to go to their site to confirm their accreditation however I wanted to Verify via Google to ensure that they are indeed a reputable Google Partner and this is not a scam.

Kind regards

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frederick F
October 2016

Re: ACCREDITED GOOGLE ADWORD AGENCY - www.sponsoredlinx.com.au

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Frederick F,

Along with the info PPCBossman provided, I would add that any company contacting me outside of my request is put at the top of a highly-suspect list and rarely do they hear back. And any company that is on that list and is aggressive and insisting on accessing my client's accounts (any/all) are told to hit the road with even more force. 

Further, Google does not validate any Google Partner, they merely present them all for the end user to decide for themselves. The company trying to brute force their way in is most-likely wanting to add the accounts to their AdWords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center) to boost their bottom line or muck things up and charge to fix it. 

Once you grant someone access, what happens is solely on you, not Google AdWords... so think sharply on this. I would not do it, personally, no way at all. I would tell them I was quite healthy and that I would like to access their internal systems to do a health check on them.

If you are really wanting to get probed by them, you should search the web for their name, their web address and add terms like "scam" or "safe" or "reviews" or terms like that and see what comes up. Dig into their website and look for social links and see how many they have, what people are saying, etc.. In other words, carefully investigate who, what and why they are. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You have to decide for yourself whether or not you want to work with any specific agency. The Partner Search tool returned a valid profile for this agency.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frederick F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Frederick F,

Along with the info PPCBossman provided, I would add that any company contacting me outside of my request is put at the top of a highly-suspect list and rarely do they hear back. And any company that is on that list and is aggressive and insisting on accessing my client's accounts (any/all) are told to hit the road with even more force. 

Further, Google does not validate any Google Partner, they merely present them all for the end user to decide for themselves. The company trying to brute force their way in is most-likely wanting to add the accounts to their AdWords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center) to boost their bottom line or muck things up and charge to fix it. 

Once you grant someone access, what happens is solely on you, not Google AdWords... so think sharply on this. I would not do it, personally, no way at all. I would tell them I was quite healthy and that I would like to access their internal systems to do a health check on them.

If you are really wanting to get probed by them, you should search the web for their name, their web address and add terms like "scam" or "safe" or "reviews" or terms like that and see what comes up. Dig into their website and look for social links and see how many they have, what people are saying, etc.. In other words, carefully investigate who, what and why they are. 

Kind Regards,

James