2.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

unauthorized photo attached to business page

N/A
# 1
N/A

If you Google my business, Corey Auto Wreckers, the Google business page that shows in the right hand lower corner of the search page has an unauthorized photo, here is the link  http://www.shawauto.on.ca/images/home-auto-parts.jpg 

This photo links to our competitor's site. I need to remove it. I have requested help multiple times from Google without success.

This photo does not show up when I log in to my business page to edit photos. Any advice would be most appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
February 2016

Re: unauthorized photo attached to business page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,

This isn't the first time I have seen this. The first person I helped went through the supported Google Help Channel to get the inappropriate photo fixed:

https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
Contact Us > Photos > Inappropriate photo > Call Or Email

Hope this helps and Google gets wind of this new issue cropping up

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
contact business support to get their help removing the photo.

support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

Re: unauthorized photo

N/A
# 3
N/A
I have gone to the help page and requested a phone call four times with no response from Google.
The live chat option always said unavailable.

David W Wyatt
Corey Auto Wreckers
T:1-800-265-9250 or 519-455-9040
F: 519-455-2851
The information in this email (and any attachments hereto) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Corey Auto Wreckers for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
www.coreyautowreckers.com
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
February 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,

This isn't the first time I have seen this. The first person I helped went through the supported Google Help Channel to get the inappropriate photo fixed:

https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
Contact Us > Photos > Inappropriate photo > Call Or Email

Hope this helps and Google gets wind of this new issue cropping up

Re

N/A
# 5
N/A
Thanks ! I found the instructions to report an inappropriate photo and will give it a try.

David W Wyatt
Corey Auto Wreckers
The information in this email (and any attachments hereto) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Corey Auto Wreckers for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to get an unauthorized photo removed from our Google my Business account for two months with no success.  Have tried phone support and reported it multiple times, no response.  Any suggestions?  

Malcolm Boswell

Inventory Adjusters

602-278-5966

www.inventoryadjusters.com

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Malcolm B

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Please not for the new thread: provide a link to the photo and be aware there is no need to get a uploading photo "authorized"

Anybodey can upload photos if related to the business.

But inappropriate photos are an issue & worth to report and to ask for help

Re

N/A
# 8
N/A
I have done the same thing with no success.

David W Wyatt
Corey Auto Wreckers

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will now close this thread for new replies