My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

unable to change ownership it is my site yet someone else is owner please help change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying for a week to get ownership of my own site I am manager not owner there is an owner I don't know please get them off and put me on there is no way to do this from my end. Also I wanted to add a manager all it will let me do is remove myself very very very frustrating

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: unable to change ownership it is my site yet someone else is owner please help change

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sheila M

The account that created and verified the business will be the owner.

If you don't know who this is, I would usually recommend starting the claim ownership process, but this is not when person already has access.

In this instance I recommend contacting business support to be added as secondary owner.

They may ask you to prove your ownership right to business.

Contact Business Support 

Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: unable to change ownership it is my site yet someone else is owner please help change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, I think it was a SEO company I hired to help me yet I no longer
work with them, them should have transferred the ownership to me since it
is my site and I am the only legitimate owner. I will try the process you
suggested
thank you
sheila mckeon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having this same problem! I really need someone to help me with this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is so frustrating and google has not helped. I will let you know if I
find anything useful

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Sheila M

What did support say when you contacted them?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

unable to change ownership it is my site yet someone else is owner please help change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar problem and can't find a support number to contact Google. I am the owner of the account and am using my correct logins. Yet when I go into My Business it asks me to find my business. I enter the info. It locates the business. I hit Continue. Then I get a pop up saying this business is already verified by another account. But the email account that shows is mine - the same one I used to sign in initially. So I'm stuck in a loop somehow and when I try to report a problem or reclaim ownership (from myself) I get to a help page without any support contact info.

What can I do to get into the Business page for my already-verified business? I worked with an SEO company to set all of this up and now I am trying to do it myself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've been fighting with google for months... they called me seemed super annoyed about the entire problem. They did nothing to help me at all except read a script. I offered to send any type of documentation providing proof of ownership but they couldn't except any of that. Basically, the person who says they own your business has to grant you access to your own business. In my case I have no idea who that is. So we're working on litigation against them and we will be binging this issue to the news in order to shine light on this problem

Jarrod Guyer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've been fighting with google for months... they called me seemed super annoyed about the entire problem. They did nothing to help me at all except read a script. I offered to send any type of documentation providing proof of ownership but they couldn't except any of that. Basically, the person who says they own your business has to grant you access to your own business. In my case I have no idea who that is. So we're working on litigation against them and we will be binging this issue to the news in order to shine light on this problem

Jarrod Guyer

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Could all of you please stay off Sheilas Post.

Please create your own, with your own business details provided, it becomes a complete mess trying to help the original user when there are tons of different addittions.

So, to recap @Sheila M what did support say?