transfer ownership of Google Business account ex employee
We own Green Brook Buick GMC (101 US Hwy 22 Green Brook,NJ 08812 732.752.3000), Green Brook Mitsubishi (83 US Hwy 22 Green Brook,NJ 08812 732.653.9500) https://plus.google.com/117765576460022313472/posts and Bridgewater Chevrolet (1548 US Hwy 22 Bridgewater,NJ 08807 732.356.2460) https://plus.google.com/+Bridgewaterchevynj/posts. I set up the google+ pages for Mitsubishi and Chevrolet under my personal and business emails. Our GMC Buick store was set up under an ex employee's email address and now we do not have access to it. How can we get that page back so we can update and market on it?
We can provide any necessary verification needed to show ownership.
732.261.7583 text / cell
Re: transfer ownership of Google Business account ex employee
@Bryan F Google has a form that you can fill out to request ownership transfer of the listing. Here it is --https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671
Contact the current listing owner
You can also contact the current listing owner through Google My Business.
Note: This process may take several weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you.
Follow these steps to create a message to the current listing owner:
- Navigate to Google My Business.
- Sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business.
- Search for your business using its name and address.
- Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
- When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialogue box letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request Admin Rights.
- Click Report a problem if you want to update this listing’s information on Google, such as an incorrect street address or phone number.
- Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly with questions. Include:
- Who you are
- How you are related to the business
- Why you need to manage the listing
- Where they can get more information
- What you need them to do
- How they can contact you
- The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky