star_border

thank you

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

:)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Loosing my mind with all these phone calls....please help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @scottchiesl

I think this is because Adams does not have a business page.

So when someone searches Adams, Google surfaces the next nearest equivalent business in the Knowledge panel.

So there are some choices:

Get Adams to create a google business page : https://www.google.com/business/

Or I can see if they will remove your business from appearing in the Knowledge Panel, this is algorithmic, so i don't even know if its possible.

PS: If you delete your business page, you delete your ability to manage it but it will still appear.

I will see if we can change the business from showing in the KP. 

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I have just messaged the Community Manager, to see what the best course of action is, will get back to you as soon as i have one.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. If you scroll down when searching for Adams surplus it shows them in yellow pages and Yelp....all with bad reviews. I know this business and they have been in business for over 20 years. I think they had so many bad reviews in google, they deleted it. Why would their business not show up in Google when they have been around for ever. Anyways, I appreciate your help so much. I'm not sure why Google business told me it was fixed, when clearly it is not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @scottchiesl

The issue has been sent to the Google team to see if they can restrict the business showing up for Adams search. Please keep in mind that this is algorithmic, so it may take time for a response, its not a simple on off switch.

I have also asked if there are any GYOB partners in the area, that can contact Adams to get a business page listed, which will instantly solve the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good morning. Now my business does not show up when you search Adams surplus but it also does not show up for anything now. I sale sand, gravel, mulch, and other things but none of those key words brings me up anymore as of today. Is this normal to fix my other issue and my business will be back up soon?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, I talked to Google business this morning and he said it was a technical glitch on their side. I needed to go to control panel and repostion my map marker just a little, move back then save. It worked, my review is back and all my info when you search my business and things I sale. Just to let everyone know, I was not editing or doing anything in my Google business control panel prior for this to happen, it just happened. I do however still have the original problem of when people search for Adams Surplus, it brings my business up. I know Tim said this may take a little time and I will patiently wait. I was just worried when I woke up and none of my business was there.