My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

struggling to gain ownership of our Google My Business listings - owned by ex employee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I'm currently going through a tough time with an ex-employee who verified the business I work for a few years ago and is refusing to transfer ownership.

He has previously set the business as permanently closed and this is causing us a big problem. 

I have contacted Google Local support twice, over the past month, in an attempt to resolve and transfer ownership, however, I've been told they can't do anything since the current owner has final say. There is no case reference, just an email trail.

It's very frustrating because I can provide (and prove) that the current GMB listing owner is not an employee of the business (he left around 3 years ago in an unpleasant ordeal) which means we will not be able to resolve this between ourselves.

I can provide the following verification:

• business address verification (post card if necessary)
  • business telephone verification
  • business domain verification
  • business email verification
  • business incorporation documents (UK registered with Companies House)
  • any other official business documentation requested
  • name and address of the two current directors of the business with proof of their positions within the company

The ex-employee will not be able to provide any of the above information or verification.

Please can someone provide me with some advice on how to escalate this issue as I really need to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul

==========

Business Name: Kestrel Networks Limited (UK registered business)

Business Address: Alfa House, Molesey Road, Walton-on-Thames, SURREY. KT12 3PD

Business Telephone:  +44 (0)1932 240000

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/101523656676857651335

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: struggling to gain ownership of our Google My Business listings - owned by ex employee

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Peter E

How have you "contacted Google Local support twice"?

the official documentd procedure is: "Someone else verified my business

and using its part below "Can't contact the current listing owner" you should have gotten a mail of a GoogleBot "Anna"

Have you done this and what response from "Anna" did you got from "her"?

struggling to gain ownership of our Google My Business listings - owned by ex employee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut.

By contacting twice, I meant I have run through the official procedure, that you referenced above, to request transfer of ownership and exchanged emails.

I've just noticed there is a case reference after rereading my previous email exchange: [9-7354000014203] 

The last email I received from Google Local support was from Zia and the email is as follows:

=============

On 28/10/2016 09:52, local-help@google.com wrote:
Google My
                Business

Hi ,

Greetings for the Day ! Hope you are doing great ! :)

We initiated your ownership access request for the Google+ Page access as per your request. Please note that the current page owner is managing this business page and  we have received response from current page owner, that he refused to grant ownership at this time, hence we will consider it as denial.  In future, if they agree to give you access, you will be notified.

Google My Business connects the two parties in case of ownership disputes as a courtesy to its users. However, the final decision to transfer ownership or add managers belongs to the current listing owner.

For more understanding, you can read through our GMB Help Center to understand the product better and follow us on our official blog for regular updates. Through the Google Forum, you can also get in touch with other business owners. I hope you find the information on these forums helpful.

You are valued !!  As always, do feel free to reach out incase there’s anything at all!

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,
Zia 

===============

On 26/10/2016 15:48, Paul, Kesnet wrote:

Hello.

The current owner of the Google listing (Jeremy Thornton) is NOT the business owner. He is a disgruntled ex-exployee who is refusing to release the Google listing for Kestrel Networks which he has not right to have ownership of. We've tried to contact Jeremy and recieved no response.

Please note that I am sending this email from my "kesnet.co.uk" email (which is the domain listed on the Google listing) and I am also cc'ing in "support@kesnet.co.uk" along with both of the business directors - Henry Kendall and Peter Earl.

In addition: both directors can be contacted by telephone by yourselves for verification on +44 (0) 1932 240000. This office number is also listed on the Google listing.

We can also provide proof of company ownership via any of the following methods:

• company address
  • company office telephone on +44 (0) 1932 240000
  • company ownership
  • company incorporation documents
  • Companies House reference number
  • HMRC documents/reference
  • any other form of identification required by Google support to prove ownership

Please can this request be escalated as soon as possible.

Regards,

Paul
Kestrel Networks
Tel: 01932 240000

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there anything we can do to resolve this given all the company information and verification methods we can provide?

Re: struggling to gain ownership of our Google My Business listings - owned by ex employee

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yes @Peter E

you can pray and hope

I just escalated it using my TC channels to a higher level (" row 43 " )

now fingercrossing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, many thanks for escalating it. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Peter E

I just  got a word back from Google:

you can now go to claim your business.

Google revert its status to "unverified".

Start here: https://goo.gl/maps/aShL4SjudnD2 (left side is a link to claim it)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the exact same issue with an ex-employee who have verified 1 of the 5 location we own. Can you please help us resolve the issue? I can provide details of what ever is needed.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@asif n

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.