AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

someone owns our business in google map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

United States Army Recruiting Center

11713 Whittier Blvd, Whittier CA

(562) 222-2591

https://www.google.com/maps/place/US+Army+Recruiting+Office+Whittier/@34.0127315,-118.0885283,13z/da...

goarmy.com

I am a Staff Sergeant in the US Army working out of this recruiting center in Whittier CA now for almost a year.  Recently when I came back form training I noticed that our phone number to our business was changed to another recruiting center's phone number for the Norwalk CA recruiting office line.  No one in my office knows how or why this happened but I have been trying to get it fixed since the 10th of July 2017, but nothing seems to work.  I have called and talked to Google help center at least 4 times now and have requested ownership of this listing twice.  Once on July 10, 2017 and again on August 18, 2017 and waited the 7 days for the owner to respond and each time no response.   I called Google help center and all they keep trying to tell me to do is wait a couple more days, or the best one I heard from them most recently was that if they could call me back in 10 mins and I am still waiting for that phone call and it has been 8 days now.  So my biggest concern is that some individual owns the rights to our business listing doesn't even work here.  The phone number on the listing is wrong, but because no one in the office owns the listing rights we can not make the correct changes.  What can I do or how do I go about talking with someone who can actually make things happen.      

1 Expert replyverified_user

someone owns our business in google map

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Staff Sergeant C

when did you last time try to get the ownership conflict solved?

I mean: when applied last time 

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals
and with what result or reaction?

Re: someone owns our business in google map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

on 28 Aug i called and talked to the help center and after 25mins on the phone with them i was told that the advisor who has authorizationto help me was busy helping someone else right now and that the would call me back in 10mins and because im am extremely busy with work i said ok. I'm still waiting on the call back.  They even told me the person who owns the rights to the business has not responded to my request but google still will not grant me my request to gain ownership to the business i work at in krder to make the necessary changes