AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

"Not showing my Google my Business pg' because it's a DUPLICATE of another

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, and thanks in advance,

My 'Google my Business' pg is being blocked because it's a DUPLICATE of another. And also my 'Google plus' pg is marked as Spam because of this.      An SEO company that i had hired for a few months in 10/2013 (411 locals), made Mirrored pgs of my FB, Website, and Google my Busines pgs, so i'm assuming they have control of the Duplicate pg. I contacted them and  they say NO, they don't.   But it is there, i dont control it, it's got my name on it, and it's BLOCKING my Google pg , that i have access to. What can be done?    Art by Marc/ Marc's Art Studio

Duplicate:   https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=airbrush artist&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=26176539,-80232995,6082&tbm=lcl&rldimm=8101296099281558372                        

Original, one that i control:   Art by Marc @ Marc's Art Studio

https://business.google.com/b/116032001066628804635/dashboard/l/14435421179149109929?pageId=11603200...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Not showing my Google my Business pg' because it's a DUPLICATE of another

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@marc l

indeed there is a verified listing ART by MARC / MARC'S ART STUDIO and the other link you provided  as https://business.google.com/b/116032001066628804635/dashboard/l/14435421179149109929?pageId=11603200...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to point out that the instructions you provided may be difficult to follow, as the listing in question has a hidden address, so it doesn't show up in GMB searches (See my post on it). This is probably also what caused the duplicate page to be created in the first place:

Google Search.png

Helmut, do you know of an alternate way to search that works in the GMB dashboard? With these pages not showing up here, we can't claim or even access the Request Management form for claimed listings.

In this case, if the blocked page has a red banner saying it is a duplicate, clicking on the "Learn More" link will take you to the form where you can request access/ownership of the claimed listing:

Learn more duplicate.png

Hopefully this helps :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Matt N

first of all I have to admit my advise using the option 

according this HC article Someone else verified my business  doesn't work and I have to withdraw it.
secondly: I actually have no better  idea how to claim this verified SAB business.
Have you tried to contactbusiness support about this problem already?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I haven't really contacted Google support directly about hidden address listings not showing up in GMB search yet, but I have linked to my previous post as reference in a couple instances of getting pages reinstated.

In past experience, Google phone support has been able to initialize the claiming process for me (prior to this bug), so that is a possible alternative option.