4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

ownership transfer rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello there, I am the owner of China Wok in Lubbock. a few days ago I found out that my restaurant's business listing became a duplicate. and someone else's managing the new business listing page. after some research, I found out that our online ordering system provider (beyondmenu) is the one who claimed the ownership of my business. then I remembered how they told me that they want to put up some google ads for us and need us to tell them the pin code when we receive a call from google. we did and thats when we lost ownership of our business listing to them.  when I called them several times about this matter, and they always avoided me to talk with someone in charge. then I requested ownership transfer using the proper form online that google provided. then I received the email telling me that my request has been rejected. I am the sole owner of this business, and I do not want them to manage our business listing for us. please help me. thank you.

Business name: China Wok
Current business address: 6302 Frankford Ave, #3. Lubbock TX 79424
Current telephone number: 806-783-8888
Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/China+Wok/@33.5361245,-101.9424277,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Having read your story it sounds they (beyondmenu) cheated  you and you helped them to get deceived by sharing them the PIN?

Its really incredible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thats right sir, is there anyway to get the ownership back to us? 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

not sure - will ask Google

For my own reference only:

owner helped a chain to get control 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

just got an email from 'google my business' says:"You have been changed to a communications manager of China Wok."

I don't know if this is all that google can do for us, but its totally not something we want. we want to be the owner of our business listing, manager has no permission to edit the location.

Re: ownership transfer rejected

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@shawn w

Googlers are still on their weekend and have for sure not even read my escalation.

The message you got is a result of an action the actual owner of the listing applied.

Please be more patient - at least until I get a word bacl from Google on my own escalation.

For my own reference only:

owner helped a chain to get control 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

this is what "local-help@google.com" sent me this morning(aside from the one"google-my-business-noreply@google.com" sent to me yesterday):

"Hello,

Greetings for the Day ! Believe you are doing great ! :)

Considering your excellent relationship with us, We are glad to inform you that the  page owner agrees to add you as a  communication manager on the account.

You might be able to see the invite sent by the listing owner within few days as we request you to please accept the invite and you will be able to manage the Business information for the Business and monitor the account for them."

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Shawn W

your new infromation have been escalated as well  to the team and I hope its now on  a good way to get fixed:

( # 647 )

Accepted by topic author shawn w
July

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Shawn W

just  got a word back from Google:

they told me the "China Wok" business listing has been transferred to the correct owner. 

Congratulation!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you so much!