AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

ownership of business listing changed with out my permission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Twin Owls Steakhouse

800 MacGregor Avenue Estes Park Co 80517

970-586-9344

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Twin+Owls+Steakhouse/@40.386458,-105.521758,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x...

www.twinowls.net

I had access and ownership of my business listing at one point. I have discovered that I no longer own my listing. I have recently requested ownership and am waiting for a reply. I have noticed updates to my profile with our my permission. Seeking some advice. Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandra H
December

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Sandra H,

Before the current owner was allowed to verify the listing, you should've got an email notification from the email "google-my-business-noreply@google.com", with the subject like "XYZ Has Requested Ownership of Twin Owls Steakhouse".

Did you get an email like this?

In any case, as you mention that you have already requested ownership, if the current claimant of the listing doesn't respond to your request within 7 days, or rejects the request, then you'll be given an option to verify the listing independently and take over the ownership of the listing.

This process is described, in detail in this thread: Google My Business Advertiser Community -> Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals and in this help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandra H
December

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Sandra H,

Before the current owner was allowed to verify the listing, you should've got an email notification from the email "google-my-business-noreply@google.com", with the subject like "XYZ Has Requested Ownership of Twin Owls Steakhouse".

Did you get an email like this?

In any case, as you mention that you have already requested ownership, if the current claimant of the listing doesn't respond to your request within 7 days, or rejects the request, then you'll be given an option to verify the listing independently and take over the ownership of the listing.

This process is described, in detail in this thread: Google My Business Advertiser Community -> Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals and in this help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your quick reply. I didn't receive an email stating that someone requested ownership. I have noticed lately that I can not access my account any longer. I have also noticed some suspicious activity. I have one other user that manages the account listing. But this person has not made any changes either. I will patiently wait the 7 days. I was wondering if this has been an issue with other businesses. Thanks for your time. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Sandra H,

This is the first time I've heard of a business owner receiving an email notifications when someone else requests ownership.

By account, do you mean your Google Account?

If the other person is still an "owner" of the listing, they might be able to make you a primary owner, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Transfer primary ownership of a listing.

Thank you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I did not receive a notification request to obtain ownership by anyone. I have suddenly not been able to connect to my google business listing. Another person with in my google gsuit account still has access and I can log in with her account. But she is not the primary owner. I have not been able to successfully update accessibility features. It's just that I am noticing suspicious behavior and am concerned as to how this has happened. Thanks again for your time. I will keep an eye on my listing. I do know that at one point I was able to log into my business listing with in my gsuit account and I had full access and ownership. 

Thanks. 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi @Sandra H,

If this person is added as a primary owner of the listing, then you can ask them to make you a primary owner, owner, or manager (whichever is appropriate).

This can be done by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Manage listings -> Add and remove listing owners and managers.

Thank you.