AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

ownership conflict caused by GoDaddy's Gef Found group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was using GoDaddy's Get Found for a while and decided to stop using their services. I am already added as a Manager, but I can't get them to change the ownership to me. The reps I've spoken to so far act like they don't know how to change the ownership.  How can I become the owner if GoDaddy won't cooperate? 

I know that if I cancel my subscription with GoDaddy before becoming the owner it causes real problems for my business listings. Once the service is cancelled, the listing remains active, but GoDaddy loses its ability to manage the listing. (we did this once in the past). With the site still remaining active, I can't even create a new listing because it shows up as a duplicate listing for weeks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly my problem!!!!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

aply "Someone else verified my business" requesting the ownership then via Google

Re: ownership conflict caused by GoDaddy's Gef Found group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Send Godaddy an email stating that you want to be added as an owner. They will send instructions about sending an email to their tech support group about becoming a manager or admin; use those instructions and change the wording to "owner". Once they add you as an owner on the account, you can remove Godaddy as an owner completely. Hope this helps; it worked for me.

Thank you,

Mike Creel
318-680-2412
www.LouisianaRENTS.com