AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

my business page login.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need help regarding my business page login.

I created my business page few year back hence, I don't remember any information of that account.

Therefore, I created another page just a few days back of google plus business account with same name and address.

Problem is ; I am getting error message on my new page stating "duplicate location".

Question is; how can I delete or re activate my previous accounts without any possible remembered details.

Urgent help is required and will be much appreciated !!!

Marketing Team
Travel Hub
1 Expert replyverified_user

my business page login.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Travel Hub

Ideally, you don't want to delete that old listing, as the age of the listing can work in your favour.

Follow the steps in this article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

If the email account is no longer valid, then 

"Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email. "

While you're in contact with support, ask them to remove/delete the "duplicate location" data so that it does not hang around and have the potential to interfere with the reclaimed listing.

One final thing - it's a good idea to go in and check your listing periodically.  Google gathers information from around the web and sometimes gets wrong info - then publishes it.  Your dashboard gives you the ability to correct that data, respond to reviews and see how well the listing is working for you at generating new customers.  If you check it regularly, this situation shouldn't happen again.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog