AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

iPhone search: Different results vs. Desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When we do a search on the desktop version of Google for "chiropractor Williamsburg Virginia," our practice shows up on the map and local listings, perfectly.

When we go to an iPhone, things work differently:

- On the built-in Maps ap on the iPhone, when I search for "chiropractors," a map comes up with many pins in the area. There's also a listing at the bottom of chiropractors. One of them is "A-1 Performance Chiropractic." That's us! We'd like to get rid of the "A-1." How do we do that?

- On the built-in Maps ap on the iPhone, there's a "Shaye-Pickell Daniel Dr." at 3204 Ironbound Road, with 1 Yelp review. We haven't been at that location since about 2006; and I haven't been "Shaye-Pickell" since 2002. We need to get that location removed, and fold it into our current location; as well as to get rid of "Shaye-Pickell" in preference to "Shaye."  There's also listing (that sometimes I can't find) on the Maps ap for "Daniel Shaye, DC" at the 3204 Ironbound Road (old, wrong) location; but no reference to the practice name, and no Yelp reviews.

There's also listing in the Maps ap for "Daniel Shaye, DC" at our correct location; but no reference to the practice name, and no Yelp reviews:

We need to merge the practice listings, retaining all our positive reviews (Yelp, Google) and NOT lose any value. How do we do this? Is there anyone at Google to talk to for live support?

Gratefully,

~D

PS: We just edited our Business name on Google MyBusiness, from "A-1 Performance Chiropractic & Acupuncture" to "Performance Chiropractic, LLC." We can't see if/where that's fixed anything, or even updated (yet) on Google/Maps/etc.

PPS:  Full business name:  Performance Chiropractic, LLC;  Current business address:  1307 Jamestown Road #103, Williamsburg, VA, 23185;  Current telephone number:  7572294161;  Google+ URL https://plus.google.com/+Performancechiropractic/videos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel S
July 2016

Re: iPhone search: Different results vs. Desktop

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The iphone maps app has no connection at all to Google. As you can imagine, they're not exactly on friendly terms with each other (there was that huge debacle in 2012 when apple prematurely tried to block Google maps entirely and forced users to only use their at-the-time terrible apple maps) but that's neither here nor there. 

The important thing to know, is there are many, many places online where your business information is mentioned. Google is one of them, Bing has a local business directory, there's directories like Angie's list, Apple has one, and all of these often pull information from large data aggregates like Express Update and Acxiom (in the US at least). Without getting into the messy ins and outs of local business citation management, I'll just say that Google has nothing to do with the problems you found. 

Apple has a platform you can use to claim your profile, make any edits you need to, and so on. You can find it here. I haven't had to work with them with cases like yours with multiple listings, I don't know how easily it will be for you to get that fixed. You should also know that Apple maps pulls business information from several other sources (Factual, Yelp, Tomtom, etc) so if you have problems on apple maps, you've probably also got problems elsewhere too that need to be fixed. Here's a great article on how to get started fixing your problems with Apple though:
http://www.business2community.com/digital-marketing/claim-business-apple-maps-01140324

Good luck! If you want help cleaning up your business information across the board, whitespark is a pretty good resource, Moz Local is another resource that will fix any business inaccuracies at the 4 major data aggregators (Factual, Acxiom, Express Update, etc) and is worth looking into as well. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel S
July 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The iphone maps app has no connection at all to Google. As you can imagine, they're not exactly on friendly terms with each other (there was that huge debacle in 2012 when apple prematurely tried to block Google maps entirely and forced users to only use their at-the-time terrible apple maps) but that's neither here nor there. 

The important thing to know, is there are many, many places online where your business information is mentioned. Google is one of them, Bing has a local business directory, there's directories like Angie's list, Apple has one, and all of these often pull information from large data aggregates like Express Update and Acxiom (in the US at least). Without getting into the messy ins and outs of local business citation management, I'll just say that Google has nothing to do with the problems you found. 

Apple has a platform you can use to claim your profile, make any edits you need to, and so on. You can find it here. I haven't had to work with them with cases like yours with multiple listings, I don't know how easily it will be for you to get that fixed. You should also know that Apple maps pulls business information from several other sources (Factual, Yelp, Tomtom, etc) so if you have problems on apple maps, you've probably also got problems elsewhere too that need to be fixed. Here's a great article on how to get started fixing your problems with Apple though:
http://www.business2community.com/digital-marketing/claim-business-apple-maps-01140324

Good luck! If you want help cleaning up your business information across the board, whitespark is a pretty good resource, Moz Local is another resource that will fix any business inaccuracies at the 4 major data aggregators (Factual, Acxiom, Express Update, etc) and is worth looking into as well. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you kindly. I'll investigate all these solutions. BTW, I tried to give you "kudos" for this response. This page is showing one "star." Does that mean that I "liked" it, or that I only gave you one star and it was possible to give you 5? At any rate, THANK YOU!!!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm glad I could help. 

There's two ways on the forum to thank someone for a post. The kudos system let's you give a star to someone for a post, you did it right. You can also click the 'accept solution' link whenever you ask a question and you feel you're question's been fully answered, that marks the whole thread as 'solved'.