My Business
6K members online now
6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

how to remove a business that has closed and add my business to the address on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just opened my business in a commercial space and started paying for google AdWords.  When searching for my business using the phrases that my business was coming up for... even on a different IP address my business was not coming up for me.  And I noticed my business was not coming up for google maps.  That is because an old business that was in my current location that has since closed is listed under my address on google maps.  I've called every day; AdWords, tried contacting google maps... no one can help me remove a business that no longer exists so that I can list my new business.  I tried getting into the support articles but I'm not having any luck.  Please help!!

how to remove a business that has closed and add my business to the address on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Justina,

Here are the steps you can try to make your business showed up on search result:

(1) Send a note to google and let them know this location has been closed. 

(2) Once google marks this location as closed, create a new google my business listing with following steps:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en

(3) Once your new business is verified, you can optimize your Google My Business Profile with all your business information. 

(4) After you optimized your google business listing, you will see google knowledge graph of your current business come up within the search result very quickly.

Let me know if this helps.