AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

competitor using our web site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our name is The Carmel Hat Company.  The web site is :

thecarmelhatcompany.com

Phone # 831 625-9510

We had an employee for 4 years who quit and opened a hat store a block away. They are using our web site in the  search listing. I have been trying to get help but the suggestions do not address this. I cannot change their listing. I need someone to investigate the situation.

The competitors name is

the hat shop Carmel.

They have done many things to affiliate with our good name and we need help to remove them from using our name and good reputation. Very frustrating and if someone could give me a phone number to call I may be able to get this resolved.

I did fix our location which the competitor had somehow put us in the next town.. all sabotage!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @The C

Sorry to hear you're having a frustrating experience with the Google My Business listings. 

I can see that there's two GMB listings showing up for the business. Can you confirm which listing you own if any? One is verified while the other remains unverified. See below

Hat Shop Carmel

and

The Carmel Hat Company

If they are indeed the same business my recommendation would be to first verify and control both of the listings. From there you can request the Google support team to merge them into a single listing. I can provide further directions based on your feedback

Re: competitor using our web site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am so terribly frustrated and certainly hope you can help. We own The
Carmel Hat Company.

The other store is our competitor.

Are we verified?

Oh to be able to have some help is a miracle!

Thank you!

<<>>

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hat Shop Carmel is verified but The Carmel Hat Company is not so that's the first problem you want to remedy. 

Is this the correct address for your business - Ocean Ave, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA?

You can click on the link I provided earlier for the carmel hat company. Click "claim this business" and Google will send a verification postcard to the above address so it's important you're at that address to receive it. 

Let me know when it's done and we can go to step 2. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Patrick. we will need to do something other than a post card to an address
because the city of Carmel does not deliver mail. Can they verify by phone
or email?

Oh man! How can I thank you for helping? It means the world that you would
care!

>>>Mary<<<

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Mary, 

Since the listing already exists you might actually be able to get away with a phone call verification to the phone number 831-625-9510. Again, click on the map link I provided and find "claim this business" ( screenshot below ). Follow the directions and it will tell you what your verification options are. Try the phone verification and let me know. 

Once you get this one out of the way we can move on to the other listing. No thanks necessary but if you know anybody looking for local seo help you can refer them to Brighter Digital. By the way, what kind of city doesn't deliver mail?

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.55.11 PM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay. I will attempt all of this tomorrow. Carmel is a world to itself. and
they said years ago that they didn't want mailmen walking the streets.
everyone needs to have a po box. we live in Santa Cruz!!!

Thank you so much. I'll do the telephone call tomorrow and get back to you.

>>>Mary<<<