AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

YP.ca has changed the business website back to their own domain, after client got new site

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Flying Tiger Restaurant in Windsor Ontario had previously been using Yellow Pages to create and host their site.  Because of high cost, the owner of that restaurant hired me to create a new website.  The new site went online on June 1st.  I was at the restaurant with the owner to complete the Business Owner Verification process.

Since that time, a Yellow Pages representative suggested an edit to the Business Listing, changing the domain back to the one they created.  I'm not sure why their change was accepted, because when the restaurant owner brought this to my attention and I opened the Google for Business listing, I could see the change, but it had not been brought to my attention for comment before the change went live.

I want to know:

1) how their change managed to become live, despite me being the verified business manager

2) why my attempt to change the website address back to the new domain name was placed on pending status, despite me being the business manager

3) how to prevent Yellow Pages, or anyone else, from changing the domain again

Business Information:

Flying Tiger Restaurant

1545 University Avenue West

Windsor, Ontario

N9B 1C1

Phone: 519-253-8082

Google Maps URL:  https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Flying+Tiger+Restaurant/@42.3121764,-83.0591204,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4...

New Website Address:  www.flyingtigerwindsor.com   (previous YP domain: www.flyingtigerrestaurant.com)