Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrongly labeled as a duplicate listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Atlanta Restoration Experts (my website: atlantawaterdamageexperts.com)

2. 400 West Peachtree Street NW Suite #4 - 813, Atlanta, GA, US

3. (404) 238-7664

4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Atlanta+Water+Damage+Expert/@33.7600885,-84.3869815,14z/data=!4m5!... (this is the listing that shows up instead of mine which has no information on it)

I got a notification on my google my business saying "We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another." Which it is not.

I recently received the google my business postcard in the mail to verify the location. After entering the pin number it said that my business was successfully verified. Then a little while later I get a notice that my business is a duplicate listing and will not show up in google.

This must be a mistake since the businesses don't even have the same name. And the business that is already showing in google does not have an address, phone number, website or hours of operation. How could I possibly have a duplicate listing when our details aren't even the same?

I am not sure why this is happening. This duplicate listing does not belong to me and I don't know how to resolve this issue. Could someone please help me out? Thanks for the help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Wrongly labeled as a duplicate listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike

Google uses information beyond just the listings to determine whether it thinks a business is representing itself more than once in more than one way.  

Looking at your online presence, it certainly raises the question.

Why Google has selected that particular listing to represent your business I can't say - we don't have access to that level of data.

I recommend a clean up both the Atlanta and Miami representations of your business.  

Then follow the guidelines for Google My Business guidelines carefully.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog