AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong listing on our Google Map listing, under our address

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we have wrong link listing on our Google Map listing, under our address.

Can somebody advise me how to remove this link that is placed under our address?

Thank you and kind regards,

Mary

1 Expert replyverified_user

Competitor business shows up on our Google Maps listing, under our address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there anyone who could suggest the solution?

Mary

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Solution to what @MaryA?

Thanks for coming to the community! It looks like you may have forgotten some important information that I'll need in order to address your issue. Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

Once I have that information, ​I​'ll do my best to help. 
Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

The company is Nautilus Yachting Ltd.

Address: Put kapelice 14, 21220 Trogir, Croatia

Phone: 00385 21 882 494

Web site: www.nautilus.hr

Link on issue:

https://www.google.hr/search?rlz=1C1LEND_enHR493HR504&ei=u2ClWvqaMuucgAaxzYiwDA&q=motor%20boat%20cha...

When the guest who is looking for our service put into google search for example 'motor boat charter croatia', he gets, among other links, also our link on google map: 

Nautilus Yachting Ltd. - Sailing in Croatia

Then, when he decides to click on our link on google map, the link leads him to our full google map listing where he/she can find our full data, address, phones, photos, site and then, when he scrolls down, under the 'review section' he can see more of our links chosen by google. But among our links there is also a link from the company that is not under our address but operates (legally) under the same name in UK (with the office based in UK). 

Google sometimes shows only our links on this map listing but in all other cases, the link from this company also appears. 

People might think that we are the same company which can lead us into all kinds of possible unpleasant consequences.

How should we avoid this to happen?

Thank you very much for your help.

Mary

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

p.s.

We try to build our own 'mark trade' among other things also by getting listed on google map in order to present ourselves and to be fully transparent to our potential clients + to be recognized as the specific company. It is hard to do so when you have competitor's name/web site listed under your own address.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @MaryA

Are you saying there is not (and never was) at the mentioned address a business called 'Nautilus Yachting"?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler,

no, I am not saying that. Let me be more clear:

Under mentioned address there is our business, Nautilus Yachting Ltd registered for charter business in Croatia, with the office in Croatia, with the business in Croatia, with the web site www.nautilus.hr and verified by Google on Google map.

There is another company in United Kingdom that has the same name as we do (Nautilus Yachting Ltd.) And is not registered in Croatia and has the office in the United Kingdom. This is their web site: https://www.nautilusyachting.com/

Their office address is The Watermill
87 High Street
Edenbridge
Kent TN8 5AU
UK

Both companies exist. But the main issue is here that google shows sometimes Nautilus Yachting United Kingdom web link under our Google map Nautilus Yachting Croatia listing. 

How we can achieve to secure our own google map listing only for us?