AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong directions in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Times @ Hand 

140 Hays Lane

Unit 120

Wilmington, NC 28411

910-805-2016

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Times+@+Hand/@34.296958,-77.7981117,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x...

The shopping center our store is located in is less than 2 years old. Everyone has a street address on Hays Lane. The original problem was that Google had wrongly determined that Hays Lane was the dirt road that ran behind the shopping center and not the new road that separates Walmart from the rest of the center. Late last December through early January I "suggested edits" that eventually got Google maps to change the location of Hays Lane. Now all but four of us have Hays Lane listings on google map searches. Times @ Hand(me), McDonalds, Matress Capital and Pivot Therapy all have Loosestrife Road addresses even though they are listed correctly on Google my business. Even the red placement arrows are correct or at least close but when people ask for directions they are dropped off behind the shopping center and told to walk the rest of the way. Numerous "suggested edits" seem to have fallen on deaf ears. I made the same suggested edits for most of the other stores and saw their directions fixed within 2 weeks. I have been trying for over 6 months to get mine fixed. Nearly every day I get a call from a lost customer. Please help me if you can.  The included map shows directions from my neighbor BWW to our store two doors down.info 1.PNGmap 1.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff C
November

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor

Hi @jeff c - check your listing, it should be all good now thanks to one of my fellow Top Contributors. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jeff C I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every day I still have frustrated customers that complain about the Google Maps directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@jeff c - I'll try escalating and see what happens.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @jeff c, can you try the directions again? They should have been resolved now.

Re: Wrong directions in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The directions are right but the street name is wrong. It is though they
have the two streets misnamed in their data bank.
Thanks
Jeff
Times @ Hand
140 Hays Lane Unit 120
Wilmington, NC 28411
910-520-6168 cell
910-805-2016 store
910-395-2552 Kiosk

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hmm, strange. I'll re-escalate and see what happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any chance someone will be able to resolve my conflict. While the directions are impeccable the street name being listed as Loosestrife instead of Hays has confused several customers. 

Jeff

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @jeff c - we had some escalation changes, and this may have gotten lost. I'll re-escalate!

Re: Wrong directions in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks