AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong business reviewed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I own and run The Look Limited - an Interior Design and Staging business based in Grey Lynn.

A customer of my father in laws business (a retain shop to which we lease space) has reviewed his business (The Look Store), however posted the review on my google business page. 

How can I get it removed?

Thanks

Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Wrong business reviewed

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Dan O,

I presume that this is your business?:

a) Name: The Look Limited

b) Address: 20 Maidstone St, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1021, New Zealand

c) Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=9223955395436726879

However, I was unable to find a listing for your father in law's business, that is "The Look Home Store", if there is one, could you please share a link to that listing?. So, I guess this is the reason the reviewers reviewed your business in place of the other one.

You can report the review by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Flag inappropriate reviews.

Please remember though, that the review will be removed only if Google finds it to be in violation of their review policies: Google My Business Help -> Review policies.

In this case, I believe the review is in violation of this clause of the review policies: Google My Business Help -> Review policies:

"Off-topic reviews: Don’t post reviews based on someone else’s experience, or that are not about the specific place you’re reviewing. Reviews aren’t meant to be a forum for general political or social commentary or personal rants. Wrong location or the place is closed? Use the Report a problem link to report that information instead of writing a review."

But, as I mentioned earlier, it is Google's interpretation that is the deciding factor.

Thank you.