3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong address listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When searching 'Alterra Bank' on google an incorrect address appears. The address is currently: 

11120 W 135th St, Overland Park, KS 66221

(913) 681-2223

and I need to change it to: 

11300 Tomahawk Creek Pkwy, Suite 100
Leawood, KS 66211
913-681-2223

I have tried suggesting edits quite a few times and the address has not changed. Are there any other ways around this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong address listing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @First B

This is a claimed listing. The proper way to update it would be from within the Google My Business dashboard in the account it was verified in.

Edit: There is a verified listing already for Alterra Bank at the Leawood address: https://goo.gl/maps/ZDVE5XQHtsA2

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Wrong address listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom! I have updated the addresses under Google My Business.  Is there a way to tell if this is the correct account it is verified in? The bank didn't move but we have changed the main headquarters away from Overland Park to Leawood.  Yes, I was able to update the phone number so 681-2223 is the correct number. 

Wrong address listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UPDATE: With My login, on the Google My Business Page, it says Alterra Bank and has the verified green check next to the name. 

I have updated the address through those available edits but it has not updated on the search of Alterra Bank.

Wrong address listing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Looks like the listings are claimed in different accounts. You have access to the Overland Park location but the Leawood listing is already claimed in a different account.

Updating the address on the Overland Park listing will actually be problematic since there's already a verified listing for the Leawood location. It will cause a duplicate.

The mortgage center location exists at the Overland Park address, correct? Does it have its own phone number separate from the Leawood location?

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Wrong address listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Apologies for jumping on a another thread, but can't work out how to start a new conversation!?!

Google has suddenly started showing a location address and map of my company.

As it's a work from home business we have chosen to not share this information as it is private property and not a commercial office. Previously it always had the name, website and telephone listed but no address. I can't work out how to get rid of the address?!

I've tried to verify my act but the telephone call never comes through. I can't wait two weeks for a postcard.

Thanks in advance

Beth

Re: Wrong address listing

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @First B

From what I think I know of your situation, here are a couple possible options:

You could change the address on the listing you have access to back to the Overland Park address if the location is still in use by Alterra. You could also change the name of the listing to Alterra Bank Mortgage Center. The category could be changed from Bank to Mortgage Lender. Change the phone number to one that is specific to that location (hopefully it has its own number?).

Or, if the Overland Park location is closing, change the address on the listing you have access to back to the Overland Park address. Then contact Google My Business support to see if they will mark the listing as moved to the Leawood location.

You can contact support from within your Google My Business dashboard if you click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support". A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there will be some options listed under "Contact Us".

Hi @Beth W

Here's how to start your own thread:
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And please include the business name, address and phone number in your post so we can help troubleshoot your issue.

Wrong address listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Haven't had a reponse to the new post you advised I set up. Please let me know how I can get further help with this issue?

Many Thanks