Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong address for my business on Google direct to the competitor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear there,

We just moved to the new campus of our school.  When you type "the British School of Nanjing" on google map, it goes to "Nanjing International School" which is our competitor. Our current address "16 Han Fu Road, Nanjing, China."  Although the google map is not available in China, our customers are still available to access Google Map.  

Meanwhile, when I tried to change the business, it shows me "403 page" when I log in.

Could you help us for this please?

Thanks.

Regards

Simon

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Wrong address for my business on Google direct to the competitor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@BSN I

Sorry Simon

I'm afraid that there is not much help - unfortunately.

Few facts:

GoogleMyBusiness isn't supported for China (the peoples republic of China)

Nevertheless GMaps shows some businesses as they seem gathered them from public directories.

Your competition "Nanjing International School" is such an automatically gathered unverified listing.

They only solution would be if  you would be able to create for your "British School of Nanjing" an own GoogleBusiness page.

But this is the crux:  

Since  you can't (yet???)

Maybe one other option would be to improve the wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_School_of_Nanjing to specify there the complete address.

Reason:

Googling for just "the British School of Nanjing" we get a knowledge grapg for your school based on the wikipedia article.

Perhaps and in case there are more geo location infos specified Google would create a unverified listimg for your school too - not sure though.

Give it a try