AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Phone number on a GMB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to do a transfer of ownership for a business owner. However, we cannot complete the transfer due to the phone number being wrong. When called the number on the GMB states, " Sorry, calls from this number are not accepted". No matter what number calls this is the message. So  it is literally impossible to confirm affiliation, and complete the transfer. I need a suggestion on how to get this corrected. It is ridiculous that Google would leave false information about a business up . I don't understand how that doesn't violate their policy. Pleas give me any input !! It is much appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Wrong Phone number on a GMB

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kymberly T I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem? If it is still an issue, can you confirm you're following this procedure: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en&ref_topic=4854130 to obtain ownership of the listing?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog