5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Google Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business listing never shows up.  There is some generic copy of my same business that shows up when you do a Google search of my business name.

A Google search for: "Bradcan Caulking & Restoration"

Turns up some general listing for "Bradcan Caulking & Restoration Ltd" (Ltd added)

BUT 

From the business listing admin console, I can click the preview links to the listing I want:

(SEARCH)

https://www.google.com/search?ludocid=13791641496039293389&hl=en&q=Bradcan%20Caulking%20%26%20Restor...

(MAPS)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bradcan+Caulking+%26+Restoration/@53.524086,-113.3779627,17z/data=...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Chris G

Google places listings on the map to make the map relevant with business information that it crawls out there.

The listing with the 'ltd' is a service area listing that is not claimed.

The best thing to do is to go to the 'ltd' listing, click 'suggest and edit' and click the area that says "Moved, closed or was never here" and click yes.

I have a high authority account on Google Maps and I've done the same. Circle back with me in the next couple days and we should see your 'verified' listing be the one that pops up.

I hope this helps.

Re: Wrong Google Business Listing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Chris G

Quick update here. The deletion of the 'ltd' unverified listing is being reviewed. If I'm sent any changes I will let you know. Give this a few days to filter out. I still recommend you doing what I've done above. The more flags from users on it not existing, the merrier.

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 6.00.22 PM.png

Re: Wrong Google Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric...

I've requested removal from a few different Google accounts last
Wednesday when you replied. Still looks the same, not sure how long I
need to wait or if there is anything else to try?

Thanks
Chris

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still no progress on this... Any advice?  It's been 3 weeks.

Chris