My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Why does google keep deleting my post!?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep asking how to link my youtube page to G+ business account??

Local Splash is the company we hired to manage our G+ and they have the OWNER email of the account.  Can I link Youtube as a manager?  We are a video production company so this is a huge problem (not having videos)

PLEASE stop erasing my topic, I need help!!

https://plus.google.com/101397645588053102460/posts

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why does google keep deleting my post!?!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Alyson,

I think that this page have everything you need:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2897336?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Alyson

Reading through this and doing a little dig around, I can see a few things that could be contributing to your problem. Am I correct in understanding "erasing my topic" means removing posts from your timeline?

Firstly, If you are the owner of Ridge Production, YOU should be the owner of the Google Local (GL) page - not a third party. You can set up the other company (local splash) as a manager of your page, which would give them the access they may need for managing your GL page.
If LS is currently the owner, they can transfer ownership to you by making you a manager and 24 hours later, make you the owner.https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281

If you are also the owner of the YouTube (YT) channel, then that would tie the two pieces together correctly.
Again if LS need access to your YT, you can add them as a manager https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4628007

One last point - I noticed on the YT channel the contact is a gmail account. If either account managing the YT or GL is a gmail account, I strongly urge you to create an email from your own domain (ridgeproductionweddings...) to be the owner of both of those channels. Transfer the account ownership to that domain based email, and then add LS as managers of either or both accounts.

Doing those things should cut down on what Google may be perceiving as spammy or untrustworthy behaviour, which might be why the Google bots are "erasing" your posts.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Thank you for the info. So, basically, Local Splash is giving me the wrong info and holding my account hostage (they told me Google plus does not allow people to link to YouTube anymore).

I will attempt to take it up with them.

As far as erasing my topic, when I click the unique URL from my email to link to the topic I started, it gets rerouted to somewhere else, and my topic is not found at all, even from my profile. I had an answer that I wanted to reference, and cannot get to it.

Last, our domain email is hosted by gmail. I sign into my email, alyson@ridgeproduction.com, at the gmail sign in page.

Thank you so much for your help with this topic!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Alyson
I'm not sure whether LS is giving wrong info, am not understanding the statement G+ does not allow people to link to YT anymore. At face value, it makes no sense - but there may be context that does. Hopefully the links I gave have given you the context you need from Google's perspective and your own conversations with them will sort out the rest.
If your domain is hosted by gmail, that's not the same as using a gmail account. So the email you gave (which, BTW I recommend you remove - this is a public forum and anyone can grab that and run with it) is definitely good to go.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So the solution is to gain ownership of my business page.
Ok, on the record, upon further research, LS has some very unethical practices, and if you ever have the choice, do not recommend them to anyone. I am sure when I cancel they will hold my Business page hostage and I am sure I will be back on this forum trying to figure out how to get it back. Especially because of the problem on the Google Maps part where you "claim your business." https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/We-have-no-login-to-our-Google-My-Busi...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My page also disapeared and show 404 error and i dont know why? Someone please help me :(

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/108270576994381132637/108270576994381132637/posts

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Alyson
The good news is they really can't hold your page hostage. You can apply to claim ownership of the page (link above). It's a simple process and one I've used many times.
If there is a dispute (if I recall correctly), you can provide Google with the appropriate documentation to prove you are the business owner. Hopefully LS won't make this difficult for you. If they do, keep calm and keep at it.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
@sfaturi
please post this in another thread so we can keep conversations on track.
We will also need much more information from you than a link to a 404 to even begin troubleshooting.
Please provide:
business name,
address
phone
website URL
any other information about your google page that may be relevant.

Find me on · · my blog