[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

CodingZen

22A Lajpat Nagar IV

New Delhi

098108 31761

I have taken over the listing from the previous owner, however Google is still asking me to reverify before i move ahead. why is that? This was a preverified business

2 Expert replyverified_user

Why do i need to RE-verify the address of a verified business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Varun J

unfortunately we volunteers here hav no possibility to take a look in the history of a listing not in the history of your dahsboard.

But from what I see on GMaps this listing is unverified.

https://goo.gl/maps/zVgtXyHt5AT2

Claiming it requires the verification procedure

Or are you talking about any other "Coding Zen" listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This became unverified on me taking over the ownership. I know this was verified since it is appearing on google search and even reviews have been made. Let me know your thoughts and whom in google to each out to if you cant help

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Did you update any information? Name, address or phone number? This is what typically triggers the re verification process. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks both for taking time out to suggest, but No, there wasnt any change that i had made. Just taking owenership, login and boom it asks for re-verification. Unfortunately it takes time to get the postcard delivered and business suffers in the meantime with no edits allowed

The above comment leads me to ask another related question for my clarification - The postcard send is for address verification, Should the Re-verification be triggered by google, if i had changed my phone number for instance? How would this be verified by sending a postcard. Pretty odd in MHO