My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Why are we getting calls pertaining to other businesses?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business has been getting calls from people thinking that they are calling CVS Pharmacy, food places, and doctors offices. We asked one of the people that called where they found this number and they said it showed up in the directory when they typed in for example CVS Pharmacy on their phone. Why is our number showing up for those businesses? I tried to delete a few keywords but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have any "Call Only" ads in your campaign?  This is something I have seen happen frequently with call-only ads. 

Even though there is information in the ad to tell the person it is not the firm they're looking for, a lot of people will just click anyway, not paying adequate attention. 

hth

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Warren,

Please contact Google support, and if you could, let us know the result. There have been a number of customers reporting the same problem here recently.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This seems to be a Google my business case. I am moving the discussion into that category.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’