AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Who has changed my phone number?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Psychic Janie

5 Lincoln Road, Wragby, Lincolnshire, LN8 5ND

07725 888899

psychic janie.co.uk

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Psychic+Janie/@53.2870381,-0.3068432,17.09z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x...

Hello,

A few days ago, I got an email notification (see attached) from Google saying the Psychic Janie phone number had been changed. I am the only one with access to this accountant I had not visited it for a month or two. I have changed the number back to the correct one however I do wonder how and why the number was changed?

Many thanks,

Charlotte

Psychic Goggle phone change email.jpegEmail notification of phone number change

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
1 month ago

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

Google users can suggest edits to any business listing, and if their profiles have a high level of trust with Google or their edits have been confirmed by other users, Google can accept them. If that happens, you will be notified and you can revert the changes if they are inaccurate (just like you did). 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
1 month ago

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

Google users can suggest edits to any business listing, and if their profiles have a high level of trust with Google or their edits have been confirmed by other users, Google can accept them. If that happens, you will be notified and you can revert the changes if they are inaccurate (just like you did). 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

To add onto what @Sergey Alakov mentioned also check other directories where you business is listed to ensure they have the correct phone number; sometimes Google will crawl them and pull in their data. 

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable

Many thanks Sergey and Nathan, your answers are helpful. I did wonder wether it was a suggested edit by a Google user, however I'm surprised Google changes business information without the account holders approval first. Psychic Janie is listed on several directories so I will check for phone number errors on those.