AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

White Buffalo Farm is a dead entity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently purchased a farm, previously known as "White Buffalo Organic Farm." The farm was known as such because the previous owner owned a corporation known as "White Buffalo Farm, Inc." 

The name of this place, along with its reputation, are now following me everywhere I go. I am not whitebuffalofarm.org (that is his website). The name "White Buffalo Farm" needs to be erased from Google Maps because it is my farm now and that is not what I call it. 

Helene

Farm name (possibly temporary): Free Woman's Harvest

Future possible name: Mismo's Quarters or Mismo's Paws

Business Address: 16877 Grange Road, Paonia, CO 81428

Phone numbers: (970)527-3042 and (970)210-3107

Website: don't have one (technically yes, but I need to get rid of it)

Google Maps URL (headscratch)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/White+Buffalo+Farm/@38.897713,-107.5676107,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helene B
March

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Helene B,

According to the guidelines, a listing for a business that used to exist in the past and has closed down, cannot be deleted.

Rather, it has to be marked as closed - I have suggested an edit to mark it as "Permanently Closed" which unfortunately has gone into review and will have to be reviewed before the change can be affected.

I see, however that this listing has been claimed, are you the one that has ownership of the listing?

If yes, then I would request that you:

1) Mark the listing as permanently closed, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Mark a location permanently closed.

2) Remove the location from your dashboard: Google My Business Help -> Remove a location and stop managing the listing. As, according to the guidelines (Google My Business Help -> Guidelines for representing your business on Google), a user is not allowed to claim listings for businesses that one does not have the authority to represent and then change the name to represent another one. This is, in fact a known practice termed as "Hijacking". I do understand that this may not be intentional if in fact, you are the one that has claimed the listing.

3) Once that is done, please proceed to create a new listing for your farm, by following the instructions here:  Google My Business Help -> Add or claim your business listing.

If you are not in fact the user that claimed the listing. Then, I'm afraid that we'd have to wait for my edit, marking the listing as closed to be reviewed. Meanwhile, however, I would still recommend that you create a new listing for your business, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Add or claim your business listing.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helene B
March

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Helene B,

According to the guidelines, a listing for a business that used to exist in the past and has closed down, cannot be deleted.

Rather, it has to be marked as closed - I have suggested an edit to mark it as "Permanently Closed" which unfortunately has gone into review and will have to be reviewed before the change can be affected.

I see, however that this listing has been claimed, are you the one that has ownership of the listing?

If yes, then I would request that you:

1) Mark the listing as permanently closed, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Mark a location permanently closed.

2) Remove the location from your dashboard: Google My Business Help -> Remove a location and stop managing the listing. As, according to the guidelines (Google My Business Help -> Guidelines for representing your business on Google), a user is not allowed to claim listings for businesses that one does not have the authority to represent and then change the name to represent another one. This is, in fact a known practice termed as "Hijacking". I do understand that this may not be intentional if in fact, you are the one that has claimed the listing.

3) Once that is done, please proceed to create a new listing for your farm, by following the instructions here:  Google My Business Help -> Add or claim your business listing.

If you are not in fact the user that claimed the listing. Then, I'm afraid that we'd have to wait for my edit, marking the listing as closed to be reviewed. Meanwhile, however, I would still recommend that you create a new listing for your business, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Add or claim your business listing.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you kindly for your assistance, Time Lord.