AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I report impersonation for Google My Business?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bijan's Bistro
663 N State St
Chicago, IL 60610

(312) 202-1904

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bijan's+Bistro/@41.894187,-87.630108,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0...

http://bijansbistrochicago.com/

A scammer verified our business and we need to take ownership back.
I called google support 3-4 times, so far no help, support reps are reading from the manual giving me same answers. Telling me I have to request ownership from current owner etc I did that 2x nothing happened. Current owner is a scammer (beyond menu com), there are multiple complaints on BBB. 
I wanted to escalate issue about ownership and I could not.
I was told by Google Support (via phone) to google "report impersonation" and found a link to submit a form with documents, so I did sent business license utility bill, bank statement to find out next day I filled out incorrect form (Google+)

Can anyone assist here or offer suggestions how to regain ownership access back which I originally had? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

have you tried 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut Geissler
I was able to re-add location,
re-verify using phone & PIN #
to get owner access back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issues with a listing of mine.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I remember correctly, I think you have to submit a form to request ownership from current owner, after you do that you should receive an email with subject "You’ve requested access to Your Business on Google My Business" there should be button called VIEW REQUEST, once you click on the button, you can enter information about your business (I don't have the link anymore to double check how I did it) After you do that, you should get an option to verify via phone, text (sms) or mail. Eventually you basically creating new page but since you are the owner you can easily & instantly verify if you have direct access to the phone listed on the page. Google My Business representative walked me thru these steps while we were on the phone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut Geissler. I have some problem with that.

My family business is:

new china

location 1:

7020 E Shelby Dr #115, Memphis, TN 38125

location 2:

2857 Kirby Rd #113, Memphis, TN 38119

http://newchinaonline.com

I try to report impersonation for Google My Business,but i don't what is my business google+ URL.

would you like to show me.

Thank you so much

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

would you like to show me more detail,i have same problem,and the google support by phone have nothing help.

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Eva Z please see my post #5, i had google support on the phone and was able to create new location for my business, and instantly verify via phone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Anri R So i should call google support to fix this problem.But i had google support on the phone before,they just let me do request ownership and i did couple time,it does not work.and let me try report impersonation,but i do not know what is GOOGLE+ URL of my business,so……

thanks a lot

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think there is a form to report impersonation on google business page, there is one for google+ which is not the issue here.

Submit a form to request ownership from current owner, after you do that you should receive an email with subject "You’ve requested access to Your Business on Google My Business" there should be button called VIEW REQUEST, once you click on the button, you can go ahead and re-enter information about your business. After you do that, you should get an option to verify via phone, text (sms) or mail.