My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

When my company name is searched, another business appears next to the search results in map box

N/A
# 1
N/A

When ‘William Curley’ is searched for in google, ‘R Chocolate’ appears on google maps next to the search results on google. It is very misleading to customers and it is clearly redirecting traffic from William Curley to the company website of ‘R Chocolate’.

The William Curley shop used to be located at the address that R Chocolates now resides.

Despite various enquiries asking for support from Google, I have been given no information on how to resolve it apart from contacting the ‘R chocolate’ business.

How can I resolve it?

web search.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When my company name is searched, another business appears next to the search results in map box

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I can't even replicate this.

Searching like you said  I get this knowledge graph:

Screenshot 2017-01-18 at 19.28.18.png

But supposed I would get like you the "R chocolate London" at "198 Ebury St, Belgravia, London SW1W 8UN"

what am I supposed to get for any other knowledge graph of Willain Curley showing what address of any shop of "William Curley"?

On his website http://www.williamcurley.com/ I can't sse such an address of an shop of his business in London

When my company name is searched, another business appears next to the search results in map box

N/A
# 3
N/A

This is very strange as whenever I google the brand name, R Chocolate always appears. This has also been mentioned by many of my customers so it appears (as shown in my initial screenshot) for most people.