AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

When I google my business it gives the wrong links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good afternoon,

We have claimed our business on Google My Business and it reflected on the screenshot above. But for some reason it shows the link to the Yelp account (https://www.yelp.com/biz/everest-mwamba-investments-san-francisco)  of a firm which is different LLC and has nothing to do with Kenney and Everest Real Estate. the only similarity is that it has the same address.

here is the correct link to Kenney and Everest Real Estate Yelp profile: 
https://www.yelp.com/biz/kenney-and-everest-real-estate-san-francisco?osq=kenney+and+everest+real+es...

Could you please let me know how to fix the bug? I need my clients reviews to go t o the correct profile.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately the screenshot did not come through. You might want to try using  the "Full Reply Editor".

This sounds like a Yelp issue and not GMB. A suggestion would be to ensure your listing across all aggregators are listed properly - not just GMB to push down the organic result of Yelp.

Re: When I google my business it gives the wrong links

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan, Yelp said they have nothing to do with Google search results, the way and order they appear in the list of search results. Here is the screenshot. When I google kenney and everest the result # 3 in the list is different business.

I wonder how can I remove it from the list? It is not even a perfect word match because there is obvious difference between "kenney and everest" and "everest mwamba investments".

Screenshot-2018-3-29 kenney and everest - Google Search(2).png

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It's more than likely its ranking because of the keyword "everest" and content built around it with reviews and photos. While the 4th result doesn't have any of that. 

Ideally, the goal is have your website optimized so it pushes down sites like that of Yelp. Or optimize your listing across all aggregators so these like-page results don't show up.